Tommy for Rangers

Shibbydoo

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/dundee-utd/next-permanent-manager

Tommy now favourite, the odds have tumbled in the last 48 hrs.   I don't think it will happen, but I can see why he would consider this move.  Tommy's stock is eroding rapidly with each game that passes this season.  Like politics, all managerial careers end on failure. (I know SAF...I know) all TW will get from saints now is the sack.  A move to Tannadice, a side now joint top of the championship, with the best squad of players in the division, a club desperate for organisation and leadership, a club 'bigger' than Saints by any measure....why not? It did Neil Lennon no harm whatever to drop  a division and revitalise an ailing Hibs.  He will earn more, have bigger budgets, greater potential.....if he is successful, and I always find TW quietly confident in his own ability. Having secured his place in saint's history, it can only sour from here.....in fact it is souring as we speak.

A club one season away from oblivion, a club whose chairman is so disliked that he has had to move to St Andrews, another case of bigger budget but living outside their means, it's all going to end in tears for this massive football juggernaught that is so underachieving or is it really in the place where it should be in line with it's history bar a good spell in the last few years.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

They couldn't afford him when he had 12 months in his contract and they'd just recouped ~£3m from transfers. No idea why you think they can afford him when he's got an longer, larger contract, and they're making heavy losses. 

He won't go. The best he can achieve with United is a top six finish with an odd cup run, and it'll take about three seasons to build United to that level. A level which is exactly where we are. If he fails then any chance of a big move is utterly ****ed. Only an absolute moron would currently leave us for them. 

I have it form a reliable source that the discussion was Thomson asked for permission to  speak to TW and was told NO.

Thomson then asked what compensation figure would be required and was told NOT HAPPENING END OF STORY.  Conversation ended.

So it was not a question of could/or could not they afford him it was a case of our Chairman stating the manager was going no where.

Think if approached again the response would be the same

A club one season away from oblivion, a club whose chairman is so disliked that he has had to move to St Andrews, another case of bigger budget but living outside their means, it's all going to end in tears for this massive football juggernaught that is so underachieving or is it really in the place where it should be in line with it's history bar a good spell in the last few years.

Are you a Derry boy in your spare time Sandy?  'A good spell in the last few years'?  I'll ****in say! Let's look at the last 6 decades.... 55 out of 57 in the top flight, all major domestic trophies won, 110 European ties against the giants of game to feast on, including a champions cup semi final appearance, and a uefa cup final, annual trips to the national stadium....all off a home support of 7,000!  Outwith the uglies and the dons, fans of every club in Scotland would swap the last half a century with us....including you....if you're honest!

Every club is in a precarious position, Thompson is currently in advanced negotiations to sell his controlling interest, I suspect this may be significant.

Are you a Derry boy in your spare time Sandy?  'A good spell in the last few years'?  I'll ****in say! Let's look at the last 6 decades.... 55 out of 57 in the top flight, all major domestic trophies won, 110 European ties against the giants of game to feast on, including a champions cup semi final appearance, and a uefa cup final, annual trips to the national stadium....all off a home support of 7,000!  Outwith the uglies and the dons, fans of every club in Scotland would swap the last half a century with us....including you....if you're honest!

Every club is in a precarious position, Thompson is currently in advanced negotiations to sell his controlling interest, I suspect this may be significant.

Knock tannadice down and expand the allotments.

i wouldn’t want to swap .no thanks.

aye Rab It's Andy not Alexander!!  But always a Saint and wouldn't swap it for anything, you lot or the Diddies.

For all your above glories you are certainly in a bad way through mismanagement and overspending, tick tock.......

Jim Spence appears to be in the huff with all things United at the moment, he grudgingly admitted he had heard TW was in the frame, but he was also claiming TW had 'bigger fish to fry', quite disparaging of the whole thing.  He may we be correct, Sevco, Nornirlnd, may well sounding him out.

DNx1J3cX4AAID0o.jpg

It's all come from one of his articles, again. He's a stirring prick of a man.  

Of course you would not swap SLF, I would never concede the same to celtic or Sevco fan, let's leave it at that. :)

I have said from the top TW for tannadice is in the unlikely category..but it is not impossible....as possible as TW  to Sevco,  or TW to Aberdeen.

If the next month yields the same set of results as the last month, Tommy will be sacked, he is nobody's fool and knows that fine well, no matter the cosy weekends in Dundalk with the chairman.....maybe a fresh challenge would resurrect his career, as well as re-establish the famous Tangerines to their former glories. ....Big Tam the Tangerine? It fits perfectly!

;)

Other than the 1980's, Utd's history isn't that much different from ours. Our record home attendance (at Muirton) is even bigger than wee United's!!

Other than the 1980's, Utd's history isn't that much different from ours. Our record home attendance (at Muirton) is even bigger than wee United's!!

Saints came up with us in 1959, so how many seasons have Saints been in the top flight since? European ties?, trophy wins? Hampden visits? Average gates? Capped players? Transfer fees in and out?......no comparison.....there would have been in 1959 alright, but not now.

Guest ScottMann

Jim Spence told me during the last attempt to lure Tommy,  that he and Tommy 'go way back'.....take from that what you will.

....but he was 100% correct that time...

Jim probably picked Tommy up in his cab when Newcastle were playing in the area.

Saints came up with us in 1959, so how many seasons have Saints been in the top flight since? European ties?, trophy wins? Hampden visits? Average gates? Capped players? Transfer fees in and out?......no comparison.....there would have been in 1959 alright, but not now.

Keep your Memories Smarmy, They may be all you have in the future!  

Midfielder and striker we've been heavily linked with. And you'd suggest Brown wouldn't bother going unless contracts were being discussed. 

I'm not ITK in the slightest though, so who knows. 

Not me on the contract Front? Random, however positive if they are discussing contracts, then again maybe a lads piss up in Dublin?  

Ha Ha just remembered who we were up against for their signature .

Edited by Center Half