Tommy Gemmell

Kilgour

He took some abuse at Muirton and wasn't shy in dishing it back. A great character. 

The young ones might not remember this but there was side standing at both sides of the Muirton Park main stand. I remember during a Dundee game Mr Gemmell being in the posh wooden seats above the dug outs and was getting absolute stick from silly wee boys like me and slf. On another thread...the "Gemmell's nose" song was in full force. Tommy Gemmell just smirked at us. A Lisbon Lion and a true Scottish legend, I know all my generation will be saddened in the passing of our old adversary. RIP.

Edited by AthensSaint

The young ones might not remember this but there was side standing at both sides of the Muirton Park main stand. I remember during a Dundee game Mr Gemmell being in the posh wooden seats above the dug outs and was getting absolute stick from silly wee boys like me and slf. On another thread...the "Gemmell's nose" song was in full force. Tommy Gemmell just smirked at us. A Lisbon Lion and a true Scottish legend, I know all my generation will be saddened in the passing of our old adversary. RIP.

Yup I remember the side standing areas. One time Saints playing Celtic and TG was taking a bit of stick...not abuse..good humoured stuff..and responding likwise..all good fun...but to see Jock Stein's face and getting up and telling Gemmell to concentrate on the game was priceless.