Accies away!

rik2304

Fighting with a teammate is not the same as taking drugs though is it?

I'm not saying this is acceptable, just been blown a bit out of proportion with folk calling for both to be sacked whilst knowing nothing about why this happened.

Like I've said if this was brewing beforehand it'll be found out, and I can't imagine we'd see either in a Saints shirt again. 

Do you honestly think Tommy or the rest of the team would let something like this build up?

No. Which is exactly my point. 

This one alludes to it being a thing on the day rather than a build up.

"Wright added: “They have shaken hands now. They have been really foolish and they are probably embarrassed.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/808707/st-johnstone-scrappers-danny-swanson-and-richard-foster-fighting-for-futures-as-tommy-wright-vows-to-hammer-them/

Swanson is just another in a lonnnnnnnnng list of players to think they are too good, too big, too under-paid to hold St Johnstone higher than their actions dictate.

I'll give you Vine, Sandaza... or MOH for that matter!

Each player came to Saints to resurrect their career, then thought we were not quite what they wanted.

Each full of self-pride...........the sort that comes before a fall.

MR SWANSON...................WELCOME TO THE FOOLS GOLD BAND.....  

"Wright added: “They have shaken hands now. They have been really foolish and they are probably embarrassed.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/808707/st-johnstone-scrappers-danny-swanson-and-richard-foster-fighting-for-futures-as-tommy-wright-vows-to-hammer-them/

Exactly. 

Heat of the moment incident. 

Neither is "too big" for us. 

Neither think they are too big for St Johnstone. 

Yes this was embarrassing. Will we forget about it if we win on Wednesday?

****ing right we will. 

St Johnstone is the priority. Then now and always. 

This is utterly ridiculous. I feel for TW as its a tough one to handle. This sort of crap happens in Sth American leagues - No offence to them. But this is bollocks. There's obviously been something simmering for a while. Foster is old school, Swanston has depression. Whatever triggered it, we'll never know. 

I'd like to keep them. I like a bit of Fight Club. But next time hit the opposition if you are so inclined- not your teammate. This is a terrible time for the club. Heavy penalties will apply. 

Season over.

My thoughts, just before half time I said to my son that this was the worst game I'd seen in a while and the second half could only get better and at least we'd see the goals at our end when they come. Then the handbags happened, said it was the most exciting thing that'd happened in the game. Heard the rumours they both had to go and wasn't sure if it would happen. Then they lined up 4-3-1 :lol: , mixture of anger that these 2 pricks had wasted the £100 I'd spent getting there and laughter as this was a ****ing joke right? That team in the second half done everything possible to try and get a draw, don't get me wrong, a better team would've humped us but they players put their bodies in front of every goalbound effort apart from 3. Mannus producing 2 wonder saves and the eventual goal. The players in the second half done Saints proud and I felt for them seeing every member of Accies backroom staff on the pitch celebrating like they'd won the league when they scored. Paton was right to be angry at the end but the last thing we needed was another sending off.

Close lads, so so close.

Don't think I've ever been prouder of being a Saintee than I am after reading these comments. And not just because I'm still pissed after last night's party for my wife's retirement. What a weird, wonderful bunch you are. 

Clearly, being a Saintee means an awful lot more than winning a few football games. 

That makes it clear its just pure frustration during the match, and TW suggests its something that's normal in football, but usually in the dressing room. 

Neither will be sacked, based on those comments, but I cant see how Swanson can smash someone in the head with a kick and be kept around for too long. That's cowardly and dangerous. If he throws a punch then fine. He's clearly wanting to be our highest earner, but there's now no chance Brown will do it in the midst of trying to attract families, so a summer departure looks inevitable. In saying that, it could've been taken to the dressing room if Foster hadn't thrown the first punch while still on the park. I'd be tempted to fine him harder for that. 

Fair ****s to the 9 on the pitch though, an incredible effort, and I can't wait to see Mannus' saves. Wonder if a run of games until the split would see him want to stay? 

Edited by RandomGuy

Amazed how many people are playing judge and jury without knowing the facts.  I was at the game and saw nothing cos I was heading to the toilet.  I'll wait to hear the full story before passing any judgement.

Automatic sack them both has been said by loads  (I don't understand that thought tbh)....  I wasn't there like many others but I want them both playing ASAP.  It's football, not an office job.. I've played 5s and 11s and punches between team mates happen. After the game, it's a hand shake and focus on the next game.  The pair of muppets will be embarrassed by the events now.

Automatic sack them both has been said by loads  (I don't understand that thought tbh)....  I wasn't there like many others but I want them both playing ASAP.  It's football, not an office job.. I've played 5s and 11s and punches between team mates happen. After the game, it's a hand shake and focus on the next game.  The pair of muppets will be embarrassed by the events now.

Sack them both and the club must severely censure Tommy for allowing it to happen under his watch. The SPFL must also suspend the two players for 10 matches (although clubless) and have to make a points deduction to punish St Johnstone.

Sack them both and the club must severely censure Tommy for allowing it to happen under his watch. The SPFL must also suspend the two players for 10 matches (although clubless) and have to make a points deduction to punish St Johnstone.

I'm trying to think of something else you might have missed.. Is it possible that we can get relegated after such an event?

The SPFL might terminate our league registration if the ref actually saw the events.  Dougie Imrie immediately promoted to Grade A ref as a consequence of his detective work and 110% support capacity to the officials

The two if proven are idiots

thought hamilton's action were poor player's and manager surrounding the 

ref at half time.

how the Hamilton manager was constantly allowed onto the pitch.

all credit to the nine deserved a point and should have had a penalty against

a piss poor team.

Amazed how many people are playing judge and jury without knowing the facts.  I was at the game and saw nothing cos I was heading to the toilet.  I'll wait to hear the full story before passing any judgement.

The whole thing was caught on camera jhq... So wouldn't be surprised if it surfaces at some point or at least the exact blow by blow details are described.