Saints v Hearts 5/4/17

ejksjfc

Lets not forget that there is another game coming soon. The two best home performances so far this season have been against Hearts especially the one in the League Cup. There is obviously going to be changes but lets get at them from the start. They are on a run of poor form and are there for the taking a handsome win please Saints. COYS

I can't wait for this. Big game. Let's hope we prepare correct with no distractions.

Who ever scores first will win. 1.0 Saints.

Any chance we can appeal the 2 red cards for Foster and Swanson so they are available to play this game?

Smith to start.

Don't think so. Did OK against Hamilton but he was up against nothing. Don't think he could deal with Goncalves's pace & strength.

Hopefully Ando fit & move Joe to right back.

Would also play Thomson for his pace as we have none with Danny missing. He is also good at tracking back.

Even given the fact there appears to be no video evidence I would not be happy if Saints did a "Rangers" and appealed these red cards. After all we all know what happened. So, accept any punishment the SPFL throw at us. Whereas I am not trying to deflect any blame here Accies were totally out of order with their reaction. I just hope Saints handle this properly (which given the circumstances will be difficult) I just hope this horrible excuse for a football club go down and never get back up

Don't think so. Did OK against Hamilton but he was up against nothing. Don't think he could deal with Goncalves's pace & strength.

Hopefully Ando fit & move Joe to right back.

Would also play Thomson for his pace as we have none with Danny missing. He is also good at tracking back.

Assume you weren't at Hamiltonn then? Since for 45 minutes of the match Smith was defending against 2 men at all times and didn't once get beaten on the overlap. Also to completely contradict yourself, if he was up against "nothing" as you say, how would you know he can't deal with other opponents. You've nothing to base that upon other than your own a fanciful opinion. 

As for why you'd play Thompson when you have Wotherspoon on the bench is a complete mystery, surely you've not included him just because he's a bit quicker? 

Assume you weren't at Hamiltonn then? Since for 45 minutes of the match Smith was defending against 2 men at all times and didn't once get beaten on the overlap. Also to completely contradict yourself, if he was up against "nothing" as you say, how would you know he can't deal with other opponents. You've nothing to base that upon other than your own a fanciful opinion. 

As for why you'd play Thompson when you have Wotherspoon on the bench is a complete mystery, surely you've not included him just because he's a bit quicker? 

So much this.

F.A.O. Cagey

Don't play Smith when he has just had 45 mins in the toughest of circumstances and did ok? Play Thomson who has been pish in most of the games he's played for the club? When we have a future international and proven player at this level on the bench? 

You sir are what is described as a roaster.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch
Multi quote didn't work for some reason

Not at the game right enough but in the interest of getting an opinion watched Alba,admittedly poor coverage & not giving the full picture. Should have said he was up against nothing special & am pleased he did get a chance & did well.

This thread is about the Hearts game & I just think we need experience at the back.

As for Thomson \Wotherspoon it was again for Hearts game.I would have Thomson on the right  & Spoony on left ,it fit.

So much this.

F.A.O. Cagey

Don't play Smith when he has just had 45 mins in the toughest of circumstances and did ok? Play Thomson who has been pish in most of the games he's played for the club? When we have a future international and proven player at this level on the bench? 

You sir are what is described as a roaster.

Thanks for the compliment.

Can you tell me how many games you have seen Thomson play ?.

If he is not up to it ,it doesn't say much for Saints youth system as he is supposed to be one of the best & Saints have invested may thousands of pounds in it.

Thanks for the compliment.

Can you tell me how many games you have seen Thomson play ?.

If he is not up to it ,it doesn't say much for Saints youth system as he is supposed to be one of the best & Saints have invested may thousands of pounds in it.

Almost every first team action he has had as well as around 20 under 20s games. I'm not sure he is as good as you think. He did stand out for the U20s years ago but as we all know when they play first team football it's literally men against boys.

Almost every first team action he has had as well as around 20 under 20s games. I'm not sure he is as good as you think. He did stand out for the U20s years ago but as we all know when they play first team football it's literally men against boys.

I just think we are down to bare bones & need pace. I do think though he will go for Spoony & Liam as our wide men but think Liam is wasted out wide.

Would rather have him & Paton or Muzz in middle.

Could of course play Coulston wide.

Will be interesting.

I can't wait for this. Big game. Let's hope we prepare correct with no distractions.

Who ever scores first will win. 1.0 Saints.

Any chance we can appeal the 2 red cards for Foster and Swanson so they are available to play this game?

Any appeal would completely undermine any punishment handed to the pair. 

And I would doubt they'd be allowed to play while suspended by the club anyway.

I just think we are down to bare bones & need pace. I do think though he will go for Spoony & Liam as our wide men but think Liam is wasted out wide.

Would rather have him & Paton or Muzz in middle.

Could of course play Coulston wide.

Will be interesting.

I'm not sure you even watch saints?

We're not down to the bear bones at all in midfield. We're missing 1 player who's been mince for months and have everyone else available. He'll play Alston, Davidson, Paton, Craig and Spoony in midfield on Wednesday and that still leaves Chris Miller and Coulson on the bench. Thompson should be nowhere near the team. Especially since we could play 2 up front and have an extra midfielder available. 

As for needing pace, we've played 3/4 of the season without it and seem to be doing alright. Why do we need it all of a sudden? I'm not saying we don't, but changing our approach and style of play to accommodate a slightly quicker and less able player is totally nonsense. 

^ to be fair we had been down to the bare bones prior to the international break.  But agree 100% with you. 

Missing Swanson and Foster is frustrating but can fill their places, many fans want them sacked so best we get on with it. 

It's good to have a refresh... The best home game of this season was Hearts in the cup.... Same again would be great... Tam to score the winner!

Guest ScottMann

Clive has to start, or at  least play some part in it so that the BBC can get a better photo of him than this -

_95443431_13450682.jpg

They probably already do but it'll be a wizard wheeze to show this one instead.

Anderson won't play. Smith will start in place of Foster, MacLean will replace Swanson. We'll likely see one of the three midfielders (Craig, Paton, Muzz) replaced by Spoony. Millar might replace one of the others aswell, it depend how fatigued they are after their efforts on Saturday 

Widge dishing out the telts left right and centre here. 

The obsession with playing youngsters who have shown nothing, particularly in a game being billed as our most important of the season, is mind boggling. Putting Thomson in the starting 11 on Wednesday night will mean our right hand side consists of Smith and Thomson. Potentially up against Jamie Walker. That's just asking for trouble.  

Considering the circumstances on Saturday, Smith did very well. I'm not sure how comfortable he is on the ball but he looked fine defensively. 

Anderson won't play. Smith will start in place of Foster, MacLean will replace Swanson. We'll likely see one of the three midfielders (Craig, Paton, Muzz) replaced by Spoony. Millar might replace one of the others aswell, it depend how fatigued they are after their efforts on Saturday 

Think he should stick with Craig, Paton, Muzz- if they're not too jaded. Bring Spoony on after 60 mins or thereabouts. We all know hearts are physical, thats why we need Paton & Muzz. Should be a cracker- 2 teams going for it. 2-1 saints

Edited by Melbourne Saint