Saints v Hearts 5/4/17

ejksjfc

I'm not sure you even watch saints?

We're not down to the bear bones at all in midfield. We're missing 1 player who's been mince for months and have everyone else available. He'll play Alston, Davidson, Paton, Craig and Spoony in midfield on Wednesday and that still leaves Chris Miller and Coulson on the bench. Thompson should be nowhere near the team. Especially since we could play 2 up front and have an extra midfielder available. 

As for needing pace, we've played 3/4 of the season without it and seem to be doing alright. Why do we need it all of a sudden? I'm not saying we don't, but changing our approach and style of play to accommodate a slightly quicker and less able player is totally nonsense. 

I think we should put Foster and Swanson up  front.........! "Of a Judge"....as Twin Strikers ...? COYS get intae Cathros cavorters.!

Edited by croc

I have a feeling this could be a goal fest. Two teams with something to prove after last weekend. Both a bit fragile, for different reasons. Hearts are shite. Saints have a tendency (this season) to leak goals from set plays. Zippy has a hat-trick in him, I know he has. Our defence can implode at any minute.

Here speaks the King of the Prediction League.

0-0 draw coming up...

Anderson won't play. Smith will start in place of Foster, MacLean will replace Swanson. We'll likely see one of the three midfielders (Craig, Paton, Muzz) replaced by Spoony. Millar might replace one of the others aswell, it depend how fatigued they are after their efforts on Saturday 

Thanks for that Tommy. 

Encouraging to here that Ando has made good progress on his injury but I'm not sure if he will be risked tomorrow night.

Smith had a favorable review after his defensive performance on Saturday so Tommy might just go with him.

Should be a decent crowd under the lights; time we made our case to be fourth.

Saturday didn't help in our case to be THIRD of course but  we are eight points behind The Rangers whereas The Rangers are ten points behind Aberdeen, yet our wonderfully unbiased west coast based media think it is realistic that The Rangers can finish second while we may just scrape by into fourth. I say go for it Saints and we can all collectively shove all their old squirm ramblings right up their arses. COYS

Encouraging to here that Ando has made good progress on his injury but I'm not sure if he will be risked tomorrow night.

Smith had a favorable review after his defensive performance on Saturday so Tommy might just go with him.

Should be a decent crowd under the lights; time we made our case to be fourth.

With no Fair City Unity apparently  - reportedly "closed" by club.

No FCU...no party.

With no Fair City Unity apparently  - reportedly "closed" by club.

No FCU...no party.

Please tell me that's not the case! I've feckin heard everything now! At Motherwell they had their version of FCU! I think it should be obligatory for every club to have one! Surely the club know who the Unity members are so if there was to be any trouble they would know who to deal with! 

Think the club have to worry about their own team battling with each other, never mind FCU battling with the opposition :oops:

No FCU?! 

Well the team better give us something to cheer about.

FCU make the match day experience better.  Will be quiet... Very quiet.

It won't be quiet if us "aulder" ains start to get behind the team more , think we rely on the young team too much sometimes .Time to be heard and noticed.

That seems a very strange decision given the players/staff have commented on how good it is to have a vocal section. Also, given the club is trying to tempt youngster to the ground....this doesn't seem to work in with that.

Wonder what is behind it?

The fact they regularly look for scraps at away games, sometimes leaving games early so they can stand at home stand areas, probably doesn't help. They've been walking a tightrope since chasing ICT fans at an away game up there last year. 

Widge dishing out the telts left right and centre here. 

The obsession with playing youngsters who have shown nothing, particularly in a game being billed as our most important of the season, is mind boggling. Putting Thomson in the starting 11 on Wednesday night will mean our right hand side consists of Smith and Thomson. Potentially up against Jamie Walker. That's just asking for trouble.  

Considering the circumstances on Saturday, Smith did very well. I'm not sure how comfortable he is on the ball but he looked fine defensively. 

Youngsters ?. Smith is 19. Is it cause he is not a Saints youngster that it is ok.

Smith played very well in an extremely difficult situation.  Thomson has shown that he isn't ready yet and possibly might never be.

You admitted you weren't at the game on Saturday, so you can't possibly judge Smith.  Your obsession with Thomson would suggest you're a relative of his.

Yeah. It's not clear how the midfield is set up, but that's the order they've been listed on the Unofficial Twitter, which is usually pretty spot on. 

Cheers. I hope Wotherspoon isn't in the middle. Is Muzz injured or on the bench?