Saints vs Thistle 13/5/17

ss75990

yeah, Danny couldn't believe it. I didn't think he was ever going to get off the ground...

Would have been a peach.! and settled the fans nerves.! I thought Thistle looked pretty decent in the first half even though we were one up .second half thier keeper was on the ball.! could not believe zippy never slipped the ball to thomson and ran wide to waste a bit of time.!eejit.!

Would have been a peach.! and settled the fans nerves.! I thought Thistle looked pretty decent in the first half even though we were one up .second half thier keeper was on the ball.! could not believe zippy never slipped the ball to thomson and ran wide to waste a bit of time.!eejit.!

Yeah it doesn't waste as much time as a kick off.

Couldn't believe it myself,with 2 minutes to go & even if they had scored we were still in Europe.?

Easy win.  Could have been more. Refereeing is still dreadful. That's one of the worst decision making days I've seen. Plus he was getting in the way of the ball.  Really is bad... (And we are winning)

Great achievement securing 4th.. I've been confident since the split... 4points lead at the split... Now 9 points ahead of 5th. superb. Let's win the last 2 games to finish off in style.

Thinking that's Swanson last game for us, time to play others.  Thanks for your goals.

Pretty terrible support and noticed no FCU in da house. 

Easy win.  Could have been more. Refereeing is still dreadful. That's one of the worst decision making days I've seen. Plus he was getting in the way of the ball.  Really is bad... (And we are winning)

Great achievement securing 4th.. I've been confident since the split... 4points lead at the split... Now 9 points ahead of 5th. superb. Let's win the last 2 games to finish off in style.

Thinking that's Swanson last game for us, time to play others.  Thanks for your goals.

Pretty terrible support and noticed no FCU in da house. 

For all their pretty play Thistle didn't threaten too much. Ref was a disgrace, but good professional performance.

I think Swanson will play against Hertzs along with Spoony with both being suspended for Sevco game and Swansons summer break time isn't Saints problem.

Maybe give on or two a break, but surely want to go for wins and end a brilliant season on a high.

Great season again. Folk keep just writing us off and we kick their arses year in year out.

I remember a conversation on here after Danny signed for Hibs and folk were of the view he would not play for us again etc. Well 3 games later and I think we have the Danny that played for us 6 months ago. Excellent display again.n.

As for Tam Scobbie well deserved MOM. 

Edited by mainstand

Thought it was a decent result today wasn't too impressed by the cynical way we won the penalty and wasted time at the end. Thistle were very heavy handed and lucky to keep 11 on he pitch and their keeper played an absolutely stormed with 4 top drawer saves especially from Swanson and shaughnessy

Thought he done really well to get in a position to get a shot off but seemed to hold on to the ball until the challenge came in, our propensity to try and walk the ball in to the net is a bit frustrating.

Taking nothing away from Swanson his performance was truly professional today.

Great season again. Folk keep just writing us off and we kick their arses year in year out.

I remember a conversation on here after Danny signed for Hibs and folk were of the view he would not play for us again etc. Well 3 games later and I think we have the Danny that played for us 6 months ago. Excellent display again.n.

As for Tam Scobbie well deserved MOM. 

Agree 100%. I was one of those who were of the opinion that Swanson was done when he signed for Hibs but have no problem eating a large plate of Crow; Swanson has returned to the form of early season and has been outstanding. I hope we can find another player who wants to resurrect their career.

On Saturday's display Tam deserves another year at least.

Really enjoyed today, and had the pleasure of taking my wee nephew to get some autographs after the game. What I will say though ( I know I know its a mans game etc etc ) There is a gentleman who often sits behind us and he makes for cringy listening, Every word out his mouth is cxxxt, basxxxx, cxxx ,,,fuxx,,cxx ,,basss all through the game, he sits and slags every single player both home and away and even called the ref a black basssss... This guy is really getting on the nerves of the people in that area and I was so close to telling him to bolt. Football is football and we all have the odd shout of foul language but this erse takes it to the next level and beyond...

rant over

Really enjoyed today, and had the pleasure of taking my wee nephew to get some autographs after the game. What I will say though ( I know I know its a mans game etc etc ) There is a gentleman who often sits behind us and he makes for cringy listening, Every word out his mouth is cxxxt, basxxxx, cxxx ,,,fuxx,,cxx ,,basss all through the game, he sits and slags every single player both home and away and even called the ref a black basssss... This guy is really getting on the nerves of the people in that area and I was so close to telling him to bolt. Football is football and we all have the odd shout of foul language but this erse takes it to the next level and beyond...

rant over

Should you not note his seat number & complain to club.

Thought he done really well to get in a position to get a shot off but seemed to hold on to the ball until the challenge came in, our propensity to try and walk the ball in to the net is a bit frustrating.

Taking nothing away from Swanson his performance was truly professional today.

Again....eh??

It was brilliant. The defence and keeper would all have been expecting him to shoot. His touch (which was sublime) would have taken him right in on goal and the trip was due to the defender being on his heels getting ready to try and make a block 

It was something that very few players would have the insight to do. Calling it cynical is so far off the mark....it was little short of brilliant