Tam Scobbie

Dave Ferg

Guest ScottMann

That is Dundee United with two ex-Saints in their back four.

Was thinking that. A pairing of Durnan and Scobbie at the back as they go for promotion. Interesting shall we say.

Mixed bag of opinions on tam then?  Did Durnan play for Saints?

Yes Durnan played for Saints.

Sorry to see Tam Scobbie go but understand that he wants first team football.  He will give his all and despite his odd lapse is a good signing for the Arabs.  

At least you have 1 decent defender now!!

Definitely a good signing for Utd. Tam is one of those guys that if you asked him to do anything for the team he would. Not a big defender but not often beaten in the air. Composed enough that Tommy has even played him midfield. Prone to the odd mistake but makes many more goal saving tackles. Oh, and he'll score a winning penalty in Europe for you....not that it will help Utd much.

The biggest compliment for Tam is that we never really notice when our 'better' defenders are injured. 

• 4 weeks later...

Scobbie wouldn't have made any difference. 

Folk need to let this go, we gambled and let him go to help bring in Scougall. We can't just constantly resign the same 20 players year in, year out, and expect to continue where we are, it just doesnt work like that. 

Folk need to let this go, we gambled and let him go to help bring in Scougall. We can't just constantly resign the same 20 players year in, year out, and expect to continue where we are, it just doesnt work like that. 

Dont agree at all. We lost 3 bad goals and i doubt we would have been as vulnerable with him at the back. Gilchrist was better second game but his positioning for their goal was woeful, he went to cover a non existent ball into the wide area. 

Im not saying we would have gone through but i dont think we would have lost those goals.

Thats not to say releasing Scobbie in the long run might work out. One of these younger lads might turn into a top player.

You think Tanser is an improvement ?.

No point in signing players just to say you have new players.

You think Tanser is an improvement ?.

No point in signing players just to say you have new players.

No, but we've barely seen him. 

Would you rather have Scobbie, or Tanser and Scougall? 

I still think it was a lack of goals that cost us, more than a lack of a clean sheet. 

No, but we've barely seen him. 

Would you rather have Scobbie, or Tanser and Scougall? 

I still think it was a lack of goals that cost us, more than a lack of a clean sheet. 

Tam must have been on some wage if we are getting these 2 for him.

I wanted Tommy to sign Scougall as much as you. Only hope Tommy doesn't play him wide left & right like he did against Aberdeen.