HAPPY MAY 17!

Guest ScottMann

Easily the best day of my life - still get goosebumps looking at the photos.

Is there anything Saints could ever realistically achieve that would top this? Only thing I can think of that might do it would be qualifying for the Europa League group stages.

Qualification for the group stages would be great.  However winning the cup is better.  We would have to win the league to top it or win a competition in Europe

Guest ScottMann

Easily the best day of my life - still get goosebumps looking at the photos.

Is there anything Saints could ever realistically achieve that would top this? Only thing I can think of that might do it would be qualifying for the Europa League group stages.

I don't think anything will top this unless we do a Leicester. Even then I can't help feel that because of the wait, the number of semi final let downs, the League Cup Finals, the getting so close but never quite making it leaving you thinking we're destined never to win either cup, especially the big one, then to actually do it was just such a unique feeling that I can't see it being equalled. Plus the May 17 element added something that made it even more special.

To totally contradict myself though there's a very strong case for saying that the only thing that could top the cup win had already happened...the semi final win. After witnessing so many defeats in semis to actually see us get to the Final was an unreal feeling. We had broken through our glass ceiling, something I'd almost resigned myself to just never happening. It almost gave the team a free run in the Final so that if we did lose then we had the minor comfort of at least seeing us get there for the first time. 

I just hope there comes a day when we can start arguing about what Saints have just achieved was better than May 17 or not!