Europa League 2017 - 18

Abernethy Saint

Guest ScottMann

No wonder Trakai don't concede many goals. Looks like their 23 year old keeper is in the current international squad along with 2 mid 30's defenders plus another mid 30 that's been called up within the last year. One was on the bench for the 1-1 draw at Hampden last October. I'd hold off thinking about Sweden for a couple of weeks.

Should be winning the first round, reliant on winning the first leg though, as they apparently have a habit of keeping clean sheets. Don't fancy going there needing two goals. 

Second leg is daunting if the Swedes are as good as everyone is saying. Apparently one of the top teams and Malmo pumping Hibs is still a fresh memory, and Rosenborg looked better than us in the home leg, from memory.  Always feel Scandinavian teams are similar to Scottish teams though, they struggle a bit when considered favourites. I wouldn't rule us out. 

Guest ScottMann

Rosenborg pumped Norrkoping out of the CL qualifiers last season. They're obviously diddies. Looks like we're as good as in the group stages. That'll make up for our relegation at the end of the season.

Should be winning the first round, reliant on winning the first leg though, as they apparently have a habit of keeping clean sheets. Don't fancy going there needing two goals. 

Second leg is daunting if the Swedes are as good as everyone is saying. Apparently one of the top teams and Malmo pumping Hibs is still a fresh memory, and Rosenborg looked better than us in the home leg, from memory.  Always feel Scandinavian teams are similar to Scottish teams though, they struggle a bit when considered favourites. I wouldn't rule us out. 

IFK Norrkopping are better than Rosenborg were when we played them, but not as good as the current Celtic team.

Take from that what you will!

I watch the Allsvenskan alot, and reckon we can complete, but need to have our wits about us or we'll get undone. The tractor lot should be a gimmie.