Europa League 2017 - 18

Abernethy Saint

Guest ScottMann

I take it we are home in the first leg? There's been official statement and we're apparently still waiting for confirmation from UEFA 'this afternoon' but the club seems to have been able to book the plane foe the second leg. 

http://www.futbol24.com/teamCompare/Lithuania/FK-Trakai/vs/Scotland/St-Johnstone/

So FK Trakai have recently played a friendly against Dinamo Minsk (Remember those ar******s) midway through their season and finished 1-1. Don't know if this gives us an understanding of the their level

Dinamo Minsk are a highly seeded team in the Third Qualifying Round... 

Dinamo Minsk are a highly seeded team in the Third Qualifying Round... 

No they're not. They are seeded in the 1st Qualifying Round and are playing the Faroese team we could've drawn. They finished 3rd in the Belarusian League last season, 2 points above the Minsk mob we played in 2013/14.

Guest ScottMann

It was just a friendly. 

Still, I think this'll be a difficult tie for us. The days of Scots being better than all the diddies countries has long gone. We're more or less a diddy country now too. I'll just be glad if we get through.

No they're not. They are seeded in the 1st Qualifying Round and are playing the Faroese team we could've drawn. They finished 3rd in the Belarusian League last season, 2 points above the Minsk mob we played in 2013/14.

I've worded it wrong. They will be seeded in the Third Qualifying Round unless they get knocked out. A coefficient of 10.975, higher than Luzern, and projected to be the fifth strongest team in Round Two 

I've worded it wrong. They will be seeded in the Third Qualifying Round unless they get knocked out. A coefficient of 10.975, higher than Luzern, and projected to be the fifth strongest team in Round Two 

Yep, they're no mugs. They've got to the group stages twice in recent years. Them and BATE's performances in Europe recently have given the Belarusian League a higher country coefficient than Scotland. 

Does anyone know if BT Sport shows Europa League qualifiers? I know they have exclusive rights to European competitions, but do they actually show any of the early games?

Suspect with the mighty FC Progres of Luxemburg being in this year's competition, BT will have their game live.