Taking the bairn to the fitba

jazzsaint

My wife and I had a baby just before Christmas so he is now just over 6 months old. I fancy taking him to his first Saints game next week but I am totally unsure as what would be the best way to do it?

So my question to you is, have you ever taken a young baby to the fitba? Which stand would be best ?(obviously we have a family stand)

Any experiences tips and advice would be greatly received.

Oh BTW the wee lad is called Niven. it means little Saint! (the Mrs didn't realize why I was so keen on the name haha)

cheers in advance Jazz

I had my lassie at games on regular basis from.about 3 months 

It was the only way I could get to games as wife was working  in pub

I had him in one of those front carrying pupus thingies 

He is named after Callum Davidson his  initials are sjfc backwards hes  19 now and Saints mad 

We went to usual seat in.east with mates he grew up going to games with me but from 3 months to about 3 he just slept but from about 9 he gradually took more and more interest

From my experience, it's a lot easier to take them to a game when they are still unable to walk/run around. 

We took my son about 4 or 5 times when he was around 5-8 months old and it was fine. Just make sure you've got plenty of food and a pair of the ear protectors for him - it'll stop him getting a fright every time the crowd jumps up and cheers or shouts! The only issue is the lack of changing facilities at McD - fortunately the closest I got to changing a shitty nappy in the ground was in the boot of the car in the car park about 10 minutes before kick off!

I had to take my son to a game when he was about 1 1/2 - 2 years old once - never again. He's now 3 1/2 and can almost manage a game - assuming he has a few toys and loads of food with him.   

Edited by Nelly78

I had my lassie at games on regular basis from.about 3 months 

It was the only way I could get to games as wife was working  in pub

I had him in one of those front carrying pupus thingies 

He is named after Callum Davidson his  initials are sjfc backwards hes  19 now and Saints mad 

We went to usual seat in.east with mates he grew up going to games with me but from 3 months to about 3 he just slept but from about 9 he gradually took more and more interest

When did the "lassie" become the laddie Gav? 

Aleays thought Callum was a fine upstanding young man, you never mentioned the op.

My wife and I had a baby just before Christmas so he is now just over 6 months old. I fancy taking him to his first Saints game next week but I am totally unsure as what would be the best way to do it?

So my question to you is, have you ever taken a young baby to the fitba? Which stand would be best ?(obviously we have a family stand)

Any experiences tips and advice would be greatly received.

Oh BTW the wee lad is called Niven. it means little Saint! (the Mrs didn't realize why I was so keen on the name haha)

cheers in advance Jazz

@essexsaint had his weeks old bairn at the EsEs match ..... seems happy enough, but didn't like when they equalised.

Cheers for the troll reply to a serious question Dundee, it's much appreciated. Ifvyou have nothing sensible to say best say nothing eh.

As for the input from sensible people, cheers folks.

Not trolling I truly thought my advice was spot one considering the magnitude of your dilema

• 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to get the wee man to his first but hopefully not the last Saints playing in Europe game.

Went ok actually. When the opposition scored he started greeting (better get used to that son you are a Saints fan now) just before saints equalised he fell asleep and even managed to stay asleep during the goal celebrations. Half time came and he was still sleeping even through the pipe band going past.

He woke up and saw the scoreboard reading 1-2 and started greeting again. Managed to get to 70 odd mins and I decided he had seen enough for one evening. He was also needing a change. So back to the car put the radio on while I changed him and managed to get away before the full time traffic started.

Hope his next visit proves more successful with a saints win.