New Season Fixtures

SaintJet

Tomorrow (Friday 23rd at 9am ) the new season fixtures are unveiled for season 2017/ 2018.

I always look forward to these for the opening fixtures of a new season and then the Christmas and new year day games.

I have a funny feeling we are going to be away at Hibs on opening day - we are usually a good litmus test for new teams coming up, just a hunch obviously

Lets hope we get Aberdeen away for the Christmas fixture and home to Dundee at New Year.

Edited by SaintJet
bad spelling!

Pre split away twice to the bigger crowd pullers tic, Dfc,dons and jambos,hope that does not affect tommys budget. a good Euro run will help.

Home twice to sevco and hibees.

17 at home 16 away pre split.

Pretty sure we will make top 6 and it evens itself out 

Only 1 trip To the Highlands and that's a Wednesday night in December, looking forward to that one.

2 home games against county,Hammy,thistle,well and hibs pre split ,stick 30 points in the bag from that lot and top 4 is on again.

"Only 1 trip To the Highlands and that's a Wednesday night in December, looking forward to that one"

That's rubbish. I was already hacked off when ICT went down, now we're missing out on a Saturday lunch time sesh in the Mallard as well. I can't make Lithuania or the second round first leg (if we get through), and now this. Seriously gutted.

"Only 1 trip To the Highlands and that's a Wednesday night in December, looking forward to that one"

That's rubbish. I was already hacked off when ICT went down, now we're missing out on a Saturday lunch time sesh in the Mallard as well. I can't make Lithuania or the second round first leg (if we get through), and now this. Seriously gutted.

My wife works on a Saturday so Wednesday night at RC is a Bertie bonus for me.Otherwise I'm stuck with the dog walking.

Agree gutted re ICT but hopefully bounce back and keep DUFC down where they belong and it will all be good again next season.

My wife works on a Saturday so Wednesday night at RC is a Bertie bonus for me.Otherwise I'm stuck with the dog walking.

Agree gutted re ICT but hopefully bounce back and keep DUFC down where they belong and it will all be good again next season.

do not understand wanting to keep DUFC down.  Hope they get promoted so that we can gubbed them in the three matches they would play against us before we fight for Europe and they stave off relegation.  Better crowd with them than say Hamilton.

do not understand wanting to keep DUFC down.  Hope they get promoted so that we can gubbed them in the three matches they would play against us before we fight for Europe and they stave off relegation.  Better crowd with them than say Hamilton.

Try living in Luncarty for a while and you will come across the most arrogant DUFC twats that walk Gods earth and you will know where I am coming from.

Thought that applied to all Lucartyonians??

Plenty of devoted saintees in Luncarty just way too many glory hunting DUFC for the size of the place. Has also been home to ex united players who have now moved on.

I would like to see them back up as well but would prefer another 2/3 years of medicine before they scrape back up via the play offs.

GBRA - I only know of one Arab Family out here!! If there are more send me addresses!! I Bet they are Tories

Good place to start is Marshall way, look out for Kippens white van with all the advertising in bright Utd Orange.

Only chink of light there was Kippen Junior who was rebelling not going to Tana dump and has been seen at McD on European nights.

I was at school with a Kippen from out that way, can't remember who he supported (long time ago).

I've a work contact up here, his family is from Luncarty, surname Rollo, they're all arabs so must be some truth in Gingers comments

Kippen grew up in Stanley also home to Ray Stewart who went onto play for DUFC , that may have been the reason for supporting Utd  or maybe the Stanley arabs were just shit scared of the Stanleys  saintees mental mob and thought a more gentile team would be a better option.

Whatever the reason one of Perthshire's largest villages has significant Utd  support even one of the Luncarty kids football teams plays in Orange, enough to give you the boke.

Whatever the reason one of Perthshire's largest villages has significant Utd  support even one of the Luncarty kids football teams plays in Orange, enough to give you the boke.

This is true, their coach is an Arab. Used to love when our football team would pump these ****ers the day after we pumped Utd. Made my weekend so it did.

I know of 10+ Arabs in Luncarty. 

Looking at the fixtures for all teams published in yesterday's paper, 4 home games to last seasons top 3 is not too bad and the same as Killie,hibs and hearts.

We should pick up more against the big 3  post split.

I remember Thistle complaining last season their fixture allocation and affect on revenue being a disadvantage.

While it should even itself out over a 2 year period that is not how teams are judged and the distribution of games is just not a level playing field.

Dundee, Hamilton, Well, Thistle all likely battling it out for survival. Guaranteed income will allow better investment in players in what has become a handicap race.

We have 4 home games, sevco twice plus tic and Dons once.

Dundee have lost the Dundee derby income and this year have only 3 home games pre split against sevco, tic and Dons.

In contrast Well and Thistle have both Guaranteed 6 each at home against last years top 3.

Dundee pre split have 6 trips to sevco, tic and Dons.

Suspect Hamilton will be bookies favourite for the drop but playing on a plastic pitch with 5 games guaranteed against big 3 plus Jam tarts and well twice at Hamilton might just give them enough of a financial benefit to stay off bottom.

County and Hibs both lost a lot of goals and could struggle.

Quite fancy us for top 4 again almost impossible to pick auto relegation place but I wish Scottish Football could find a way to avoid the fixture anomalies and provide an even playing field.