Disabled Parking at McDiarmid

mainstand

I don't know if this has been covered anywhere else, but I just phoned to pay for my fathers season ticket, who is 82 and has a blue disabled badge. Parking for disabled at McD has always been free but the ruling form above is that these spaces are no longer free and all disabled parking is to be paid for.

Not sure if anyone from the Disabled Association is on this that can confirm this, but it just cost my dad £50 for his space.

Edited by mainstand

I did have a chat with Bev this afternoon about this. I was not aware that the Club had lost such a  significant area of the car park to the new road. It appears that due to this and the loss of the overflow car park they are now charging for the spaces.

The Disabled Association was spoken to.

MOds happy for you to delete this topic.

Did Bev also tell you that if you're not in your space 30min before kick-off anyone else can use it??

Our parking pass arrived with season ticket in the post with a wee sticker on it stating this.

Seems a bit of a joke to pay £50 to get an allocated space then find out you might not get it!!!!!!!!!!

Did Bev also tell you that if you're not in your space 30min before kick-off anyone else can use it??

Our parking pass arrived with season ticket in the post with a wee sticker on it stating this.

Seems a bit of a joke to pay £50 to get an allocated space then find out you might not get it!!!!!!!!!!

She did. I know it's an hour before the match at Celtic hibs and hearts so i suppose 30 is not too bad.

I don't know if this has been covered anywhere else, but I just phoned to pay for my fathers season ticket, who is 82 and has a blue disabled badge. Parking for disabled at McD has always been free but the ruling form above is that these spaces are no longer free and all disabled parking is to be paid for.

Not sure if anyone from the Disabled Association is on this that can confirm this, but it just cost my dad £50 for his space.

sorry tae hear that.should be free.

Aye this happened last week to the old man when he went for his season ticket £50 now to park. he is 90 so said fair enough but I want my space to be guaranteed so that I know I will get parked up, no can do they said and then the spiel about the lack of parking, he is not to worried about the cost just that he gets parked near the turnstiles that is all. As like most old guys he will now be sitting in there probably about an 1 hour before the game just to get parked up.   

Edited by Center Half

It will be interesting to see if the Club have finally got round to repainting the numbers otherwise how will they know who is in what space? For the last few seasons the spaces at the end nearest the artificial pitch are just not there.

Aye this happened last week to the old man when he went for his season ticket £50 now to park. he is 90 so said fair enough but I want my space to be guaranteed so that I know I will get parked up, no can do they said and then the spiel about the lack of parking, he is not to worried about the cost just that he gets parked near the turnstiles that is all. As like most old guys he will now be sitting in there probably about an 1 hour before the game just to get parked up.   

I'm fu***ng raging at this!

Made my mind up about getting a season ticket. 

We are St.Johnstone not one of the big Glasgow teams where this sort of policy would be merited.

very disappointed with this bulls**t!

I am not meaning to be disrespectful or spiteful to anyone who is disabled but why should it be free. I fully accept that disabled bays should be close to any access points and should also be of a suitable size.

Deffo. About time the government put VAT on crutches as well. Layabouts.

I was actually making a serious point but your post AS just comes across as unnecessary and disrespectful. I am disappointed to have my post quoted as such.

I am not meaning to be disrespectful or spiteful to anyone who is disabled but why should it be free. I fully accept that disabled bays should be close to any access points and should also be of a suitable size.

In agreement with your comment.

Not everyone who has a blue badge is skint.

Think they should at least pay something.

There again, don't wish to sound harsh, but not all who display a blue badge is the badge holder.

Agree that the bays should be as close to the disabled persons point of entry to the Stadium as possible.

Also if the bay is paid for and you choose to arrive 5 mins before kickoff, or choose not to attend, why should someone else be permitted to use the bay.

Smacks of greed by the club.

I suppose the reason is that you have a choice to walk to the ground and park somewhere else. An 82 year old man with a heart condition a in built define and an artificial knee I could go on. Does not have. 

I am sure there are millions of disabled fans that will quite happily swap you if it bothers you that there parking is free. :shock: