FK Trakai (H) - Europa League Round 1 - 29/06/17

Abernethy Saint

At some point, we should really start discussing the home game. They seem to be excellent at keeping the score down, and capable of scoring on the counter. Definitely to be taken seriously. I'd take any win to zero.

Someone start a match thread if preferred.

We need to win at home. They have a habit of winning at home, and keeping clean sheets at home. Regardless of the quality, a habit is a habit, and they'll be tough to break down on the plastic. 

Very difficult to see how this will go without knowing what standard Trakia can play at. I suspect this will be a very tricky tie and we need to get a quick start. Hoping our experience in Europe ( that sounds weird ) will see us through.

I have a feeling we will have another squad member by tomorrow close of play.

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/admission-prices-european-tie20617

This match will be 'pay at the gate' with the exception of the SSE Ormond Stand which will be ticket only.

We’re pleased to advise of the following pricing structure for the game which applies to the entire stadium:

ADULTS

£22 (£15 for season ticket holders on production of Voucher 1)

CONCESSIONS

(Over 65s and 13-18 year old) £12 (£8 for season ticket holders on production of Voucher 1)

Accompanied U13's are FREE

SSE ORMOND STAND FAMILIES

£10 (1 adult and 2 kids aged 12 and under). This exclusive offer for the Ormond Stand is limited and tickets for this stand are now on sale from the McDiarmid Park ticket office and Campus Sports in Perth’s South Street (Campus tickets available from Wednesday morning).

As well as the discounted admission, Season ticket holders who have renewed by the day of the game will be entitled to use their season ticket seats for the game so if you haven’t renewed so far then there is still time to do so ahead of this great game.

Just contacted club to ask what will happen if season ticket isn't received in time for game ( did mine the zebra finance way) was told season tickets should all be sent out by then and if not they'll sort something out, I assume it will be a case of collecting voucher from ticket office to obtain the discount.  Just incase anyone's in the same position :)

We'll play it careful early in the match until Tommy has worked out how to tactically destroy them.

I'd love us to go all out attack and stun them from the word go, but that's too much of a risk in a game like this, and is definitely not the manager's style. He's too safe for that. Especially if we're not at full strength in defence.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Guest ScottMann

I've just seen the Euro squad. I'm surprised we've listed four keepers and left out Watson. I know he's up for sale but didn't realise just how far out of things he is. I think I'd rather have him in the squad for these two games given the injury situation than a fourth keeper. He's meant to be fit after all.

I've just seen the Euro squad. I'm surprised we've listed four keepers and left out Watson. I know he's up for sale but didn't realise just how far out of things he is. I think I'd rather have him in the squad for these two games given the injury situation than a fourth keeper. He's meant to be fit after all.

Doubt if he is fit.

He played 15 minutes on Saturday. 

Agreed with the point he should be in the squad, as it seems a bit "cutting your nose off to spite your face" to leave him out, unless he's already agreed a move. 

Watson is different I know, but it reminds me (I don't know why) of Sean Higgins. Didn't he play in a Europa league qualifier for us and then play half a dozen games before departing?

Watson is different I know, but it reminds me (I don't know why) of Sean Higgins. Didn't he play in a Europa league qualifier for us and then play half a dozen games before departing?

Lomas started him in Turkey.

Sean Higgins.
Lone striker.
Playing in the Europa League.

giphy.gif

I wonder if its to avoid any risk of injury?  If we're trying to get another club to take him on, Saints don't want to take the chance of him getting injured so that nobody will touch him, and therefore we have to pay his wages for another 6 or 12 months.

Might just be that he's not fit enough yet of course.

Agree though, 4 keepers seems excessive

He played 15 minutes on Saturday. 

Agreed with the point he should be in the squad, as it seems a bit "cutting your nose off to spite your face" to leave him out, unless he's already agreed a move. 

Maybe 15 mins was enough for Tommy to see he wasn't fit or maybe he broke down again.

Can't wait for this game. Absolutely no idea how good or bad Trakai are but suspect the first 20 minutes will be a cagey affair. We can't afford to stand off them like we did Trnava though. We don't want to be chasing the game though so important we try and dominate right from the start.