FK Trakai (A) - Europa League Round 1 - 06/07/17

Ali91

Given our reliance on him I wouldn't risk Macca simply for a Euro game. 

Massive game, but I agree with you. We can at times be one dimensional with Macca. 4-4-2 is pretty dated for European football. The last thing we need on Thurs is being 1 down with 45 to go and Macca playing on the half way line wanting a square go wi folk.

Tommy will know his selection was a huge factor in Trakai scoring 2 so early last week. Even if we do concede early, there is no need to panic - doesnae change anything from our objective.  If we set up well and we pass well and are courageous in our play we can easily break their defence. Confident of scoring twice. Players and mgt need to show the skill, discipline and courage.

Fear is weak.

COYS

I reckon Macca will be on the bench. If things look like they're going well without him, there's no point in risking him. Bring him on in the second half if things are looking desperate.

Pretty worrying though that we're having to rely so heavily on a 35-year-old striker with a fairly bad injury record. If we risk him and he gets crocked, or he gets injured in one of the other early season games, we're facing a season with just Kane and Cummins as our options. I'm not generally in favour of breaking the tight-fists policy, but we're in massive need of investing in a proper striker who will make a difference to the team, and not just another stop-gap bench-filler effort in the Fallon/Iwelumo mould.

We need to splash out on MOH, who fills three roles, has the attributes we need, and is a proven performer. It's a shame his wages are obscene. 

Can I just say thank you to all of those travelling, spending their hard earned cash on giving the team the support they deserve.  Hope you get to see another memorable European night for our great wee club.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could partake in some raucous singing on behalf of those unable to make it.

That utterly hilarious Rangers result tonight can surely be seen as a boost for us.....getting further than them would be superb

My best pal died of cancer tonight. It's pretty shit. One small consolation is the sound of his laugh I would have heard when he heard that result. Over and out for a couple of days. Good luck, Saints.

My best pal died of cancer tonight. It's pretty shit. One small consolation is the sound of his laugh I would have heard when he heard that result. Over and out for a couple of days. Good luck, Saints.

Hard tae bare mate.think of the Braw times