Development Squad News 2017/18

Radford 72

Saints scorers  (18 y.o. ) Jamie Docherty and ( 17 y.o.) Cameron Ballantyne. 

Any idea how old these guys are? The official site said "First team players Aaron Comrie, Scott Tanser, Kyle McClean, Liam Gordon and Callum Hendry all featured in the draw."

I thought the under 20s was going to be most of last years under 17s. Is it just that we have quite a lot of young guys now in the first team squad that still qualify for under 20?

Any idea how old these guys are? The official site said "First team players Aaron Comrie, Scott Tanser, Kyle McClean, Liam Gordon and Callum Hendry all featured in the draw."

I thought the under 20s was going to be most of last years under 17s. Is it just that we have quite a lot of young guys now in the first team squad that still qualify for under 20?

18 and 17 is my guess......

Comrie (20), Gordon (21), Tanser (22), McLean (18), Hendry (19)

You're allowed two overagers in the Challenge Cup, not sure if thats the same as the development league. 

Edited by RandomGuy

Guest ScottMann

****ing grow up

Oh the irony 1.

Maybe if Scott Mann spent less time reading pie and bovril so he can patronise folk, and paid more attention to these threads, he'd have understood how Hoodlum presents scores, it's not as if it's something he's just started doing. 

Oh the irony 2. Idiot.

You can play five overage (born before 1998) players in the Development League. I think the plan for next season is to return to a reserve league but with a stipulation that you'll have to use a certain number of underage players.

That's good news. Playing alongside and against more experienced players can only aid development 

You can play five overage (born before 1998) players in the Development League. I think the plan for next season is to return to a reserve league but with a stipulation that you'll have to use a certain number of underage players.

The five overage players who featured in the 4-2 victory for Saints against Partick were:- Mark Hurst (21), Chris Millar (34),  Ally Gilchrist (22), Denny Johnstone (22), Craig Thomson (22).

The rest of the line up showing year born was, 

Cameron Lumsden (1999), Cameron Thomson (1999), Ben Quigley (2000), Euan O'Reilly (2000), Ally McCann (1999), Jamie Docherty (1999).

John Robertson (2001) with 112 goals for Tynecastle boys club last season, came on for O'Reilly with 10 mins remaining.

Very impressive team performance.

The only surprise was that they did not add more goals to their first half 4, as they dominated the second period.

A combination of good goalkeeping, trying to walk the ball into the net when creating chances in the box and wayward shooting kept the score at four.

Craig Thomson may have found his true position as no.10.

These fixtures allow the coaches to experiment by fielding players in different positions.

E.g. I have watched Jamie Docherty lead the attack, tonight he was on the left wing.

Saints opened the scoring in the 19th min.

Arabs made it 1-1 in the 29th min.

Saints scored what proved to be the winner in the 76th min.

Allardice scored for the Arabs.

Saints scorers to follow.

A yellow card was issued to a player from each team in the 89th min.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Guest ScottMann

@HOODLUM65 This has appeared on P&B this morning. Might be of interest...

Looking for a someone to carry out match analysis for the following development league teams - Aberdeen, Dundee, Dundee United , Ross County , St Johnstone

Looking for someone to attend development league games for the above mentioned teams and provide small match reports. We require you to be there 30 mins before kick off until the final whistle.

Anyone interested please get in touch at scottishyouthfootball@gmail.com

£50 per game