Dave Mackay Testimonial Dinner

50yrs a Saint

This will be going to the media tomorrow, so this is your chance to get in early and secure tickets for CupTie's Testimonial Dinner. This is organised by the Testimonial Committee, not the club. This is an Over 18's event only. 

TRIBUTE DINNER FOR CUPTIE

THE Dave Mackay Testimonial committee has announced plans for a dinner for the Scottish Cup winning skipper at the Dewars Centre in Perth on Saturday, September 2.

Fans are sure to want to pay tribute to their former captain, who was granted a testimonial year after being forced to quit playing last year following hip surgery.

Testimonial committee chairman Scott Findlay said: “Top speakers George McNeill and John O’Neill have been secured to provide the after-dinner entertainment on what promises to be an emotional but memorable night for Cuptie and fans who will never forget his role in bringing the Scottish Cup to Perth for the first time in St Johnstone history.

“This is their chance to show how much they appreciate Cuptie’s achievements while he was with Saints.”

To make sure of your place at an event paying tribute to a fantastic club servant you can secure tickets, priced £50 per head – with bookings also being taken for tables of 10 – by contacting committee members or emailing cuptietestimonial@gmail.com with numbers and contact details.

Cuptie testimonial logo (1).png

Whether you can or cannot attend the dinner, there will be a fundraising auction and raffle on the night, and you may be in a position to source or donate a prize. If you can, any prizes may be handed in to Committee Chairman Scott Findlay at the Cherrybank Inn, Glasgow Road, Perth, or you can contact me by Private Message to make arrangements for delivery/uplift. Many thanks

The number of tickets sold to date is approaching 200. If you have not already done so, please consider buying a ticket for the dinner to show your support for our most successful club captain, or consider donating an auction or raffle prize to boost his Testimonial fund.

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

COLIN SIGNS UP FOR CUPTIE DINNER

THE Dave Mackay Testimonial committee is delighted to announce that actor and lifelong St Johnstone fan Colin McCredie has agreed to be master of ceremonies at the September 2 dinner being held at the Dewars Centre.

Just a week after announcing the date of the event to honour the former captain, around 200 tickets have already been sold.

Colin, who sponsored Cuptie’s jersey for many seasons, said: “Dave deserves the Testimonial because not only is he a Saints legend but also because he's such great and decent man. I’m sure fans will ensure it is a memorable night.

“The highlight of his time at Saints has to be the amazing Go-Pro footage of Dave, doing what no St Johnstone captain had done in 130 years – lift the Scottish Cup!

“I’m proud to have been asked to play a part in Dave’s big night.

“I was lucky to sponsor Dave throughout his time at Saints and his shirt from season 2013-14 still takes pride of place on my wall, next to the Scottish Cup Final programme and ticket.

“I never thought when I started sponsoring his shirt that he would go on to become the greatest Saints captain ever!”

Tickets for the dinner, priced £50, can be still secured by contacting committee members or by emailing cuptietestimonial@gmail.com with numbers and contact details.

We are appealing for individuals and businesses to donate raffle and auction prizes for Dave Mackay’s Testimonial dinner to be held on 2 Sept. Restaurant/shop voucher, beauty treatment voucher, bottle of spirits etc, would be ideal and greatly appreciated. Please message us on our Facebook page or email cuptietestimonial@gmail.com with details and a contact number.

Please share this post.

Alternatively you can pm me and I can make arrangements for collection

There are now over 280 tickets booked, with still room for a few more. With reference to a video of main parts, I will raise at next committee meeting on Tues 15th. 

We still are keen to gather more raffle and auction prizes, and if you wish you can pm me and I can arrange to pick up if you have anything suitable.

There will be some very good auction items, many of which will be extremely collectable. It is hoped that people will get the opportunity to register online bids, so that exile Saints and others unable to attend the dinner will also get an opportunity to bid. 

Only around 30 tickets left to go before this event is a total sell out of 350. If you still have not got a ticket and want to go, don't hang about and get one now to avoid disappointment. There will be some amazing raffle and auction prizes, including sporting memorabilia, rounds of golf, bottles of spirits, and other one off amazing prizes.

20664931_858033294350634_1812840022817733535_n.jpg

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

AMAZING auction prize at Dave Mackays testimonial dinner on the 2nd of September. Cupties Cup final strip and boots!!! If ever there was A MUST HAVE prize for any Saints fan!

Only25 tickets left out of 350 that were available!!! If your interested in going email cuptietestimonial@gmail.com

20664151_859151104238853_2212747460944621897_n.jpg

CLUB POET ON BOARD FOR CUPTIE TRIBUTE

Dinner on track for a sell-out

ST JOHNSTONE’S official poet-in-residence will pay a personal tribute to Dave Mackay at the testimonial dinner on September 2.

Lifelong fan Jim Mackintosh was delighted to accept the testimonial committee’s invitation to join the top table at the Booker sponsored event being held at Perth’s Dewars Centre.

Committee chairman Scott Findlay welcomed the addition to the bill and confirmed that only a handful of tickets remain for the 350-capacity dinner. The deadline for snapping-up tickets is Friday, August 25 - if any are left.

Saints fans have seized the opportunity to pay tribute to their 2014 Scottish Cup winning captain, who was forced to quit the game with a persistent hip injury.

Jim, who broke new ground when he was appointed “The Makar of McDiarmid,” certainly won’t be fazed by the size of the audience in the Dewars marquee.

He delighted fans at the club’s “Hall of Fame” dinner at Perth Concert Hall and recently addressed an army of ex-military personnel tackling the Cateran Yomp.

“I’m looking forward to this tribute night to a genuine club legend and hopefully I will do Cuptie justice. It’s fantastic but no surprise that the testimonial committee are looking out the sold-out signs,” said Jim.

*Remaining tickets, priced £50, are available through the Dave Mackay Testimonial Facebook page and from committee members. Auction items for the night include a signed and framed Gareth Bale Real Madrid shirt, an opportunity to join Tam and Stuart for a recording of “Off the Ball,” golf packages at Gleneagles and Castle Stuart – and Dave Mackay’s cup winning shirt and boots.

For information of anyone feeling sorry that Dave is putting his shirt and boots up for auction. He is not destitute and does not have to auction them for financial reasons. He wanted to give St Johnstone fans the opportunity to get their hands on these important pieces of St Johnstone history and memorabilia . Please get your bids in on specific auction topic page.

For information of anyone feeling sorry that Dave is putting his shirt and boots up for auction. He is not destitute and does not have to auction them for financial reasons. He wanted to give St Johnstone fans the opportunity to get their hands on these important pieces of St Johnstone history and memorabilia . Please get your bids in on specific auction topic page.

Never mentioned him being "destitute ". The point being is it's a unique top- let's face it, we're not likely to win the cup again. It's about his contribution to our best ever season. I'd love it if someone pays £400-£500, or whatever and returns it to its rightful owner... for him & his kids. It's a noble gesture by Cuptie, but I'd hate to see it in someone's tv lounge. It is history. Maybe the Broons can rattle their piggybank & display it in the Muirton suite for all to reminisce... in no way do i suggest it's an act of "destitution ". He's a legend. Keep for his family, or for fans. Not a fricking framed shirt in someones tv lounge.