Hartlepool

Poolie 75

Teams in the lower leagues in England pay higher wages to a lower standard of player than in Scotland

Their attendances probably add to that financial ability, but doesn't make them better teams, not by a mile

English football has created its own unreal financial environment

In response to the OP Hartlepool looked pretty solid at the back and would I think you will be hard to score against, However as with most teams (Saints included) the problem will be getting the goals to gain the 3 point wins rather than draws I would think to gain promotion again .

As far as the rest of your questions you would be a bottom to half way in the championship this means not a lot to be honest

it basically means if you are full time then you would hold your own against the best part time teams, I would think keep an eye on Raith Rovers and Livingstone this year as I think that would be a good comparison both are mostly full time but have little budget.           

You're wrong there. 

You view Bournemouth as a small team but in reality it has the same sort of population as Aberdeen. It's small in English terms but not Scottish. 

It's all about opinions, but, I'm not wrong ;)

I say Bournemouth by way of an example. It may be the size of Aberdeen, but equally, so could Aberdeen be in the Scottish championship (should have been a couple of times). Falkirk's population is bigger than Burnley for example. 

My point being is that given equal money several Scottish clubs could be in fairly high positions. 

As for attendances, they count for very little if nothing in England. Forrest, Leeds, Wolves and Bradford all have crowds bigger than some premiership sides, yet bounce around the 2nd/3rd tiers.

Edited by TheYellowBox

With crowds of 3000 we would struggle to be anywhere near championship. (If there's a decent away support)

Hartlepools average gate was 4000 last season and got relegated out the football league. There's non league sides with stadiums the same size at mcd!

Average gates in the English championship was just over 20k last season. 

Aberdeen are not a big club in the grand scheme of things. Just because they sing they are world famous. Doesn't mean they are. 

Yes and their is a premiership ground the same size as McD.

Give any Scottish club the carrot of playing Man Utd and Liverpool every other week and crowds would soar.

I do think, though, that there are gems to be found in the English non-league and Saints could probably pick up one or two players from that level who could become good players for us - but it's a gamble and we'd only find those players if we had someone who really had an eye on that area of the game.

You sell your CV very well :wink:

Remeber to put down the champ manager 97/98 work. 

• 1 month later...
Guest ScottMann

Keith Watson featured in a 1-0 victory  away to Guiseley in the Conference Premier last night. The goal being scored by former Ross Co. player Jonathan Franks.

Don't you mean Hartlepool won 0-1 Hoodlum? :wink: