St Johnstone TV

Johnny B

Check the dodgy streams as well. 

Cyprus is Braw, love it there!

It sure is, was one of favourite postings a Dekalia. Always wanted to retire here but never thought we would. Never say never. Chicken kebabs and beer this afternoon hard life :)

Edited by Johnny B

Cyprus is lovely. Good on you. Here in Melbourne it is too. Real cultural mix. Large Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, Chinese suburbs. And Scots- thriving community. Scots clubs & societies everywhere. And PIES etc from scottish butchers. As good as Murrays. It feels a lot like home, but with hot weather (Don't much like the 45c days though) pubs are grand & show the games. Only problem is the time difference. Depending on ko times anywhere from midnight onwards. Good craic, and an excuse for a few ales until 4am. Missus isn't happy, but tough titties... have managed to convert quite a few colleagues & friends to follow Saints. They even buy tops etc. Must be at least 20. They watch every game. Even converted a die-hard ***...Saints should do a tour downunder.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

Hi Melbourne, plenty do here. I am a member of the officers mess in Dekalia (Army), Episkopi (RAF) and Akrotiri (RAF). One of the has somthing on every month. There is also the Caledonian Society they hold a summer ball, St Andrews night and a Burns night. Unfortunately no scottish butchers here, the beef is terrible. But I have sourced scotch pies (Marks and Spencers freezer) better than nothing. Decided to support my local team AEK Larnaca (they play in Norwich colours) Went to see on Thursday they beat Dinamo Minsk 2v0 in Europa qualifier. Thinking about going to show my support for Limasoll next week when they play the sheep. 

Check out the likes of vipbox.nu when SJFC are playing.  It is not just about BT and Sky channels.  Some clubs have their own TV and no doubt someone will stream the game,  Aberdeen for instance.  That said if you are looking for home games then you will be limited to the BT/Sky games.

I'd imagine dodgy streams from BT and Sky are easier to obtain from the likes of Cyprus (lucky bam) and what not. The key is to search it by Channel, and not the game itself, as it avoids scamming arseholes.

Unless that Scottish bar, where there are umpteen stickers advertising it littered within a 5 miles radius - Craig's Bar is still open in Ayia Napa which shows dodgy links on the big screen on Saturdays.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Thanks, been told Craig's bar is frequented by the local Rangers supporters and one in Episcopi the Woody is used by Celtic fans Both are about 1 hours drive not worth it to mix with they enemy and stay sober. Trying to find one in Larnaca that shows Scottish football as they all seem to show English and Greek football. 

Hi I am Johnny a new member to the forum and live in Cyprus. Silly question time, does St Johnstone broadcast it games or will the only time I get to see a match live is when BT or Sky show them?

By the way Johnny, us expats have asked this question so many times, we are considered fairly silly when we bring it up. So we generally plough our money into Rangers, Celtic, Dundee, Hearts, Hibs Tv channels

(p.s. just getting my dig in, never know when saints media/Ross may take a gander on here :) )

I'm clutching at straws. Like all professional clubs, I am sure we record all games so that Tommy and his backroom staff can analyse in detail the team and player performance. Would it be difficult to release the 90 min footage via tv, youtube, etc, hours after the final whistle or the next day or following the TV  company which has the rights to show the highlights.