The invincible Celtic v the always underestimated St.Johnstone 26/8/17

Tommy sais Macca thought he was offside & just put the ball in net for fun.

Just as well he thought he was offside or he may have missed.o

From my position thought he was 'off', as did Super confident Craig Gordon.

However, apparently their young full back, ( expecting Gordon to pass wide to him)  played him 'On'.

Ah well, such a shame.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not happy, not happy at all! 

Our capitulation (joking) to the tic with 10minutes to play and those sheep b@$7@&ds scoring at the death means for the next 2 weeks I'll have to listen to the local media p1sh about them being top of the league, fuquching nightmare. 

Ah well at least I can remind them that they still have us and Celtic to play, be afraid, be very afraid

COYS

Edited by sainties sheep
Correction

From my position thought he was 'off', as did Super confident Craig Gordon.

However, apparently their young full back, ( expecting Gordon to pass wide to him)  played him 'On'.

Ah well, such a shame.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It was a great spot by linesman. Right back clearly plays Macca on. Great lesson in playing to the whistle.

Now for 3 points against Hibs.

We are St Johnstone.

First half was a perfect game of football by Saints. Passed it intelligently, extremely disciplined and had 3 players pressing the celtic defenders back making it hard for them to start moves.

Second half we isolated Macca and dropped really deep. We basically hit ultra defensive mode. Some of the last ditch blocks and tackles were immense. Ando and Joe had stormers.

I thought with Davidson going off injured we showed a lack of depth in that position. Having to put tanser on for Spoony really weakened us. There's nobody telling me Chris Millar wouldn't have been an asset there.

Overall amazing effort from the lads. Great team effort.

Was just thinking that the last 20 minutes were made for Chris Millar today. Some composure in midfield could have got us 3 points. 

Nevertheless, it was a terrific performance by saints. Young Comrie did great for a debut. Macca was an absolute menace for the whole game, and Ando and Joe were superb. Mannus reminded us how good a shot stopper he is too. Great awareness to parry fierce shots to safety (ie ando) too.

Interesting decisions from tommy to play 2 right backs to combat tierney n Sinclair .

comrie did brilliantly to keep Sinclair quiet 1st half but 2nd half he upped the gears and any rb would have struggled to deal with him. Foster was stuck - if he helped out then tierney would have been free.

i hate when we sit back the goal was  coming but you could say if we didn't we could have lost so I'm not gonna argue with tommy

thiught thumb should have been off in the 1sthalf when took a shot well after the whistle blew then cynically took mikey out the game

Collum has gone from booking players for the least wee offence to letting things go. I think I prefer the new Collum who tends to give himself a second to think about it rather than blowing up for everything & having to get the card out to justify it.

Guest ScottMann

If he had got that wrong he would have been slautered.

Have to disagree. It was Celtic. If he'd given offside then I doubt anymore would have been said about it by anyone other than a few Saints fans. It would have just gone down as Macca being blatantly offside and just another decision. Praising a Tory MP and Gollum does not come easy but I thought they were excellent for this. Mind you it's a sad day when you have to praise officials for giving a correct decision against the Old Firm.

Going by the highlight which admittedly not the best way to judge but I think Comrie should have been subbed before they scored. The guy has not played a full 90 mins of football this season & he was knackered after chasing Sinclair all afternoon.

Going by the highlight which admittedly not the best way to judge but I think Comrie should have been subbed before they scored. The guy has not played a full 90 mins of football this season & he was knackered after chasing Sinclair all afternoon.

The injury to Murray was the killer as far as subs go though with Craig coming on so early.  Though young Conroe did well. 

Macca ruled onside by assistant ref.

Thanks Douglas Ross, no such a bad lad efter all.:laugh:

Was a great bit of officiating. The linesman was probably one of the few who got it right, as only he and Liam Craig seemed to believe it was a goal when it first went in out of everyone on the park.

Thought there were a few wrong decisions, such as Griffiths fouling Mikey as mentioned should have been a yellow, but overall Collum had a decent game. If we get that standard of refereeing/ level of fairness in every game against either of The OF I'd be happy.