Dave Mckay Testimonial match against DUNDEE Friday 6th Oct.

The plans are well under way to have legends from both St.johnstone and Dundee to play in the game which the committee are very confident will attract what we hope will be a big crowd for Dave. I'm sure most saints and dees fans would love to see their old heros back in their teams colours. The committee felt that Dundee was Dave's first club and St.johnstone his last so makes perfect sense. It doesn't make any business sense for us to fork out money for flights and overnight hotel stays for an English premiership or  championship team who would send up there reserve or youth team with the cost to bring them here coming right of the fund that should be going to Dave. More will be announced next week after this saturdays Sell out Dinner at Dewars. 

Thanks Scott 

Scott. 

Once again I know your working hard and the goal is making money for Dave .Also you're right you are well on your way with arrangements and plans so let me reiterate my well wishes and support to the committees cause in ensuring Dave has a fruitful year  money wise and of course memories. 

Good luck and enjoy the dinner  

Why is there such an anti-Dave feeling from Dundee fans? Bit surprised at this.

Was surprised as well but apparently it is to do with him leaving when they went into administration (the first time).  Seems to me he did what he needed to do given the situation.  However they are harbouring a grudge about it which won't be helped by the fact that he has enjoyed far more success with their diddy Tayside neighbours than he'd ever have achieved with them, although think they did finish 6th once.

Not that they care about us of course.

Guest ScottMann

Was surprised as well but apparently it is to do with him leaving when they went into administration (the first time).  Seems to me he did what he needed to do given the situation.  However they are harbouring a grudge about it which won't be helped by the fact that he has enjoyed far more success with their diddy Tayside neighbours than he'd ever have achieved with them, although think they did finish 6th once.

Not that they care about us of course.

Thanks. That's very sad to hear. What a shower of bitter ****s. 

I thought Dundee were the perfect choice all things considered. Hope this isn't as widespread a feeling as being suggested and doesn't put a damper of the night.

Why is there such an anti-Dave feeling from Dundee fans? Bit surprised at this.

Dees fan at work hates him for the fact he ran and gave them the GIRUY after we scored at Dens a few years ago - now whether it happened like that only Dave knows but that's the reason and it's manifested itself through their support sadly.

Dees fan at work hates him for the fact he ran and gave them the GIRUY after we scored at Dens a few years ago - now whether it happened like that only Dave knows but that's the reason and it's manifested itself through their support sadly.

Every Dee I know and I know loads, hates him for jumping ship when they needed everyone pulling together to save their club. I'd probably feel the same tbh, although I also understand the need to look after himself and his family. Not one of them is going to this.

Every Dee I know and I know loads, hates him for jumping ship when they needed everyone pulling together to save their club. I'd probably feel the same tbh, although I also understand the need to look after himself and his family. Not one of them is going to this.

his employer offered him a new contract on less wages-i wonder how many of those dees fans would sign a similar contract with their employer

dont see any saints fans holding a grudge with Tam

Dundee did finish 6th once (Cuptie was there at the time) . That was that amazing team they had, so they shouted from the roof tops.  But I'm sure I'd seen Caniggia at Dens earlier in the season... He's let himself go a bit!  

Here is the Dundee legends:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000–01_Dundee_F.C._season#First-team_squad