Hamilton Accies (H) - Premiership - 23/09/17

Radford 72

Every time we lose a game there is a call to drop players and bring in youngsters.  We've had a good start to the season.  Players should not be dropped after one under-par performance.  Spoony was quiet at Dens but has been in very good form before that.

I think the case against Foster commenced at the start of the season. I for one (along with others) would like to witness a significant improvement. As with any team in the planet, one is only as strong as its weakest link. Since the start of the season, the common reflection appears to be Foster. Incidentally, his blatantly obvious anger issues do not overshadow this reflection that I (and others) share.

I think the case against Foster commenced at the start of the season. I for one (along with others) would like to witness a significant improvement. As with any team in the planet, one is only as strong as its weakest link. Since the start of the season, the common reflection appears to be Foster. Incidentally, his blatantly obvious anger issues do not overshadow this reflection that I (and others) share.

Fwiw I'd argue the "weakest link" at the moment is Easton, who's sort of been overlooked as he's been so good for us before. In all truth he was poor last season aswell. Have to wonder if having no competition for his place is causing it. 

If you look back at the Richard Foster thread you will find I was one of the first to question his contribution and was shot down for it.  He then had a better game against Thistle and I acknowledged  that.  He does seem to have anger issues and is quick to pass blame to otherson occasion as well.

I also agree with Randoom really Easton this season.  Thought he was okay last season without reaching his previous levels.

Alright, Foster clearly does have some "issues". Who knows what is going on in his life... maybe he needs some "time out". He's a decent player for saints, just hope there's not personal issues going on. Plenty of players have kicked in a door, and tried to thump a teammate.  But he can't do it again. I like his passion, but am concerned that he's going through some personal strife. TW will sort it out. One way or another....

The Dundee game is the first where Foster speed has not really saved us from what seemed every other goal was a breakaway from the opposition and we got caught short of pace on the cover so for that reason he needs to be playing, could also be both full backs are being asked for more/have more pressure on them now to compensate for elsewhere in the team, we have not got the natural wide left player sorted Swanson did a job there but Spooner/Alston/MOH/Scougal all seem to struggle on the left so maybe Easton is left open more for attack yet required to be the attack as well, Foster apart from his speed is a bang average right back and in reality playing above his standard to be honest ( lower premier, top championship a bit like scobbie) but as before we need his pace just now.         

Foster played some great games for us last season.  I disagree that he's not good enough for a top 6 side - but his early season form has been disappointing. 

Easton is the same in my opinion, he's a good player, struggling for form.

Problem is that the formation we are playing leaves us exposed on the flanks, with attacking wide midfielders and Paton being pretty central.  Midge used to cover the whole of the back 4 more effectively.  Any failures by Foster and Easton are therefore proving costly.

A fit Chris Millar would make a huge difference to this side in my opinion. 

I'd bring midge in for this one. I know he is not really in for consideration, but he would be able to protect the back line and still be creative, which is what we are missing.

I actually think we might give Hamilton a hiding tomorrow. We haven't really been that great in a lot of games, yet still got something out of all but one and even then we should have. I think it might just click tomorrow and if we get 1-2 early, Hamilton might collapse.

Players seem to have plenty of fire in their bellies. Time to use is productively.

I'd bring midge in for this one. I know he is not really in for consideration, but he would be able to protect the back line and still be creative, which is what we are missing.

I actually think we might give Hamilton a hiding tomorrow. We haven't really been that great in a lot of games, yet still got something out of all but one and even then we should have. I think it might just click tomorrow and if we get 1-2 early, Hamilton might collapse.

Players seem to have plenty of fire in their bellies. Time to use is productively.

Would love to see it but Hamilton beat Hibs away and have had a decent start to the season. I'd be happy with a one goal win but I can see another home score draw.

Guest ScottMann

I'm never comfortable when we play these weegie satellite teams. I always think we should be cuffing them but then it ends up 1-1 or something else as uninspiring. 1-0 would do me today.