Scotland v Slovakia

541ntees

No Happy wi the starting 11.

With Brown and Armstrong missing I can't believe he has picked Bannon who I think is a decent player and Forrest ahead of McGinn and McGregor who I think would have brought guile and energy.

Hope I'm wrong and Bannon has a stormer

With Brown and Armstrong missing I can't believe he has picked Bannon who I think is a decent player and Forrest ahead of McGinn and McGregor who I think would have brought guile and energy.

Bannon had a good game but the rest of the midfield was honking. I was shouting for him to bring McGregor on as we needed someone to run at teams & can score goals.

Agree, considering we played 3 up, we just didn't get enough players in the box despite having good possession in good areas.

Created a lot after Martin came on cos we changed the shape.

Needed players to run past Griffiths and needed someone to attack the front post like Martin did for the goal (and Kane did for Englands goal)

Thought Bannon had a stormer.

Best game I've seen him play, tho haven't seen a lot of his games.

Phillips and Morrison were just invisible. The best play Morrison did was when Bannan smashed the ball off his face in a one-two. Midfield was crying out for someone to drive forward rather than playing balls in from the wings and head height.

Annoying that we won with that line up as Strachan will feel justified for playing the same guys that sold us out at the start of the campaign. Would have been far more comfortable with a better starting midfield. 

I watch the championship highlights a n Bannan controls games . everything went through him last night again. Im a massive admirer of McGregor  but he doesnt always start for celtic and McGinn had a great 45mins against celtic, we all know what hes capable of but hibs fans say he hasnt shown it enough over the past year, some fans say he wasnt even their best mid fielder in the champioship. 

Yeh, I got that hopelessly wrong. It would of course be the Scotland way to go out that way. Apparently they've reverted to the traditional format, ie goal difference followed by goals scored, then a load of increasingly unlikely stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA)