St Johnstone v Rangers 13/10/17

tucker

Time to blood a younger defence I'm afraid. Ando rapidly becoming a liability

Everyone apart from Tommy knew we would struggle up front. I don't care how hard Cummins works, that counts for nowt if you can't play football

To pick on Cummins when there about another 7 players in my opinion who were a lot worse is totally unfair.  What did macca do , what did spoony do (apart from lobbing corners into the goalies hands) what did beastie do for instance and I’ve not even mentioned the centre of defence. If the team is sh*te just say so don’t pick on one player.

Probably blinkered but until the red card the one difference between the teams was the quality of final ball. We never put a decent cross in all match.

After the red, and I won't argue with the second yellow, which was entirely Andersons fault and once again seen him caught the wrong side of a striker, we collapsed. Playing a right side of defence consisting of a young full back and a heartless winger was always leading to goals conceded and so it proved, a baffling move from TW, tbh.

His flat out refusal to play 4-2-3-1 completely confuses me though, we were constantly stretched by Rangers five, and they constantly had a spare runner, and he never once countered it. 

Criticism of Cummins is bizarre, he was causing problems but we never capitalised on it. Same folk who are quick to criticise him for a lack of goals never mention how few decent balls Wotherspoon is providing

Nice to see my team on the box disappointing result .

Scougall was at times brilliant 

Defence needs speed O’Halloren badly missed Cummings great effort terrible finishing . Easton sadly lacking strength McLean clever but needs quality and why oh fukkkin why are we playing 442 

considering our faults I thought we matched them well just poor finishing separated the teams 

Good to see the away support behaving in their usual manner with what looked like food and an empty drink bottle thrown onto pitch near Mannus.

Nothing to see, move along....

Glad that those "supporters" also had excellent behaviour tonight, showing full support to show racism the red card, oh...wait a minute.....

Their bigotry is their epicentre.

So sad.

To pick on Cummins when there about another 7 players in my opinion who were a lot worse is totally unfair.  What did macca do , what did spoony do (apart from lobbing corners into the goalies hands) what did beastie do for instance and I’ve not even mentioned the centre of defence. If the team is sh*te just say so don’t pick on one player.

I thought apart from his finishing Cummins took the ball in well under pressure & held up play well,unfortunately Mecca & midfield too deep.

Something has to be done about our centre halfs as Joe has now joined Ando in being erratic & useless at cross balls.

Thought Comrie did well & linked well with Scougall.

If we got the breaks we could have been ahead at half time.

We were 12 against 10 as the ref gave them everything Wotherspoon was a passenger who can't run & was blowing out his arse long before the end. He should only be used as second half sub.

Finally our master tactician brought a winger on for Ando & put a 5ft 6 player at centre back when we had a centre half on the bench.

Playing a right side of defence consisting of a young full back and a heartless winger was always leading to goals conceded and so it proved, a baffling move from TW, tbh.

Thought it was obvious bringing on a winger to sit on the right side when chasing the game 1 nil down.  Made perfect sense to me to salvage the game, pity the late goals killed any thought of a late equaliser. 

Thought overall we played well. Scoreline is sore to take as never that. They were clinical, even if we matched them.  Defense seems a bit chaotic at the moment..

Seemed to be a bit of a scene outside the East stand, were Rangers fans trying to get in for a fight towards end of game?  

Hope the fire alarm in the East was a false alarm though! It started as I left on 85 mins , and 3 fire engines bombing up Crieff road... 

Edited by Dave H

Thought it was obvious bringing on a winger to sit on the right side when chasing the game 1 nil down.  

Seemed like suicide to me. When you lose a centre half you bring one on. Take Macca off, bring Gordon on, play 4-4-1 with Cummins doing the donkey work. You don't put a tiny, young right back in the centre alongside a winger who's renowned for shitting out of physical confrontations, and compound it by playing a diamond midfield which leaves said winger completely exposed. He eventually went to a flat four in midfield once we were 2-0 down but the players had given up by then.

Finally our master tactician brought a winger on for Ando & put a 5ft 6 player at centre back when we had a centre half on the bench.

How would bringing on a centre half try to get a goal.  Bring on a winger to sit right back when we don't have the ball. Get the ball and he plays forward. Akin to Anya for Scotland. Pretty straight forward to be honest.  Thought it was a positive substitution. Your sub would settle for a defeat, glad Tommy still believed we could get a point.  And no goals conceded down the right today!

Clearly we are all hacked off but we lack fire power.

How would bringing on a centre half try to get a goal.  Bring on a winger to sit right back when we don't have the ball. Get the ball and he plays forward. Akin to Anya for Scotland. Pretty straight forward to be honest.  Thought it was a positive substitution. Your sub would settle for a defeat, glad Tommy still believed we could get a point.  And no goals conceded down the right today!

Clearly we are all hacked off but we lack fire power.

There is something in what you say as Thomson had a chance just before they scored their second .t Comrie could have played thr Thomson role & we may not have lost 2 & maybe got one ourselves. I think the way he did it handed them the game & made it look like we were gubbed.