Bertha Park

Fair Maid

How many affordable houses to rent

Not sure Sixties! 3000 houses being built I believe initially, then up to 10,000??? basically from Bertha Park, just before the A9 roundabout ( Caithness glass roundabout I used to describe it as) right around the River Almond to almost Methven! even Stanley is being subjected to 500 houses being built? my question is what the fucque is everyone going to do/work at? more importantly lets get them all full of Sanities;          

For the benefit of those of us who no longer reside in Perth - where exactly is the new school and village being built and what are the feeder primaries?

Is it a secondary ? or whatever they are called nowadays.

It is on the left of the A9 to Inverness after Inveralmond roundabout and extends to tinkers encampment I think.

Is it a secondary ? or whatever they are called nowadays.

It is on the left of the A9 to Inverness after Inveralmond roundabout and extends to tinkers encampment I think.

Jings, is the tinkers camp still there?  60 odd years ago it was all tarpaulin tents with the odd broken down caravan not to mention the odd broken down horse.  I presume it is now luxury caravans and state of the art pick up trucks.

Not sure Sixties! 3000 houses being built I believe initially, then up to 10,000??? basically from Bertha Park, just before the A9 roundabout ( Caithness glass roundabout I used to describe it as) right around the River Almond to almost Methven! even Stanley is being subjected to 500 houses being built? my question is what the fucque is everyone going to do/work at? more importantly lets get them all full of Sanities;          

Good point re the employment issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure the school has started construction a month or 2 back.  Needs to be built before people start living in houses. (Planning condition)

The road project thats on the go past McD is using the 'housing' fields to gain soil for the A9 bridge crossing at McD.   Note that your new houses on Southern development won't have much soil cover on top of the clay as it is going to be stripped for the road improvements.  So I've heard.

Assuming the Scone future housing, which is not welcome by locals, will feed the new secondary school once the new link road will be extended out to Scone in next phase of road infrastructure.

12.1 The proposal for the new secondary school catchment area is to: • Include pupils from new Local Development Plan housing areas at Bertha Park, Almond Valley and Perth West; • Include the primary school catchment areas serving Auchtergaven, Logiealmond, Methven, Pitcairn and Ruthvenfield, which are currently included in Perth Grammar School catchment area; • Include the catchment serving Oudenarde, which is currently included in Perth Academy catchment area; and • Include the primary school catchment areas serving Forgandenny, Forteviot and Dunbarney, which are currently included in Perth High School catchment area.

• 6 months later...

Was driving the A9 this evening, Inveralmond to Broxden section and seen the new slip was open so went for a drive on this new road, round past the back of the away stand onto Crieff Road. Was only open to cars leaving the A9, but a highlight was seeing into the East Stand, good view. Also nice to see blue colour fencing, must have been a planning permission commitment.. 

That's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Big new road being built from the road behind McDiarmid across the A9 and it will join the new roundabout by tinkers town and a new bridge has been built across the Almond into Bertha Park, although it has to rebuilt as it is not level as the contractors got their sums wrong!! This will be the main road into BP and then the new link road to Scone will become another road out of BP and over the A9/railway/Tay. Houses will be built from the A9 north of the Crieff Road and extend right down to Almondbank and up to the river. New primary school being built in Ruthvenfield that will take in kids from a lot of the smaller local schools around the area. BP will extend from the A9 across to Almondbank in the west and eventually to Redgorton in the north.