Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

48 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Hearts away if we get through

Albion will be right up for this, as if they weren't already.I'd imagine the coin they'll make from the game against us and a big day out at Tynecastle will keep the bank manager happy for some time.

I've just read an interesting post on the Albion fans forum where it seems that they were offered a second inspection at 11 am yesterday. It was the club, not the ref, who decided to pull the plug at 9.30, mainly due to concerns for fans who had to travel from further afield.

46 minutes ago, Broon said:

Yesterday was a bit of a waste of time considering another 4 inches of snow dumped down today. Hope they covered the part we cleared :(

By 11am we'd only cleared about 30% of the ground. No way we'd have got it cleared by 3pm and everyone knew it.

Hence Cristo's post above.

Edited by HOODLUM65

28 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

I'm surprised that a ref gave a club the option of an inspection. Surely he's the only person that can make such decisions.

On the pitch, yes, you're probably right. The guy who posted is clearly an employee of the club, in what capacity I don't know. He also expressed concern about access to the ground, entrances and condition of terraces etc., and was largely involved in the decision for the early call off.

3 hours ago, cristo said:

I've just read an interesting post on the Albion fans forum where it seems that they were offered a second inspection at 11 am yesterday. It was the club, not the ref, who decided to pull the plug at 9.30, mainly due to concerns for fans who had to travel from further afield.

When is the next inspection / time for this Tuesdays kick off?  Is it Tuesday morning, if so any details on when it'll get the go ahead or postponed again.

12 hours ago, HALLS ANGEL said:

The most sensible thing to do would be to move the match to Wednesday. This would give the thaw an extra day to work. If the tie isn’t played this week then presumably it is next midweek.

Spot on, my fear is that an inspection on Tuesday will change frozen to waterlogged.  If the pitch drainage is half decent Wednesday would be a better option.

Reported above that another 4 inches of snow fell after the brave efforts to clear the pitch which only got as far as 30%.  Melting snow has to go somewhere and some rain is forecast for Monday and Tuesday.  Still think Wednesday would have been a better option given the improved weather forecast but hope the drainage is up to the challenge.

15 hours ago, Dave H said:

When is the next inspection / time for this Tuesdays kick off?  Is it Tuesday morning, if so any details on when it'll get the go ahead or postponed again.

There's an appeal out again for fans to go down and help out today between 10 and 4. No more word of an inspection at the moment.

19 minutes ago, cristo said:

There's an appeal out again for fans to go down and help out today between 10 and 4. No more word of an inspection at the moment.

Thanks.  Get the snow cleared today/tomorrow and game is definitely on.  Heavy underfoot, tattie field, under the lights, it's the romance of the cup.  Can' wait.  I'm travelling down from Aberdeen for it..