Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

The turnstiles in the North Stand at Cliftonhill, are apparently turnstiles taken from Muirton Park and sold to Albion Rovers at the time of our move to McDiarmid. 

Not sure if we'll be anywhere near them on Tuesday, but might be able to get some reminiscing on the go for folk who remember them. 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The turnstiles in the North Stand at Cliftonhill, are apparently turnstiles taken from Muirton Park and sold to Albion Rovers at the time of our move to McDiarmid. 

Not sure if we'll be anywhere near them on Tuesday, but might be able to get some reminiscing on the go for folk who remember them. 

All I remember is they were a lot easier to get through than the ones at McD but I don't think that's the turnstiles' fault.

Sold them!  Nae wonder we've got money in the bank.

8 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Be amazed if the pitch isn't waterlogged.

My thought also.  However if they've shifted the snow the pitch ought to deal with today's rain hopefully. Forecast saying no rain this afternoon.  Will be soft underfoot but hope no standing water. 

11 minutes ago, Dave H said:

My thought also.  However if they've shifted the snow the pitch ought to deal with today's rain hopefully. Forecast saying no rain this afternoon.  Will be soft underfoot but hope no standing water. 

Inspect at 2, any idea what sort of times the rain is meant to be on/off? Horrible feeling the only downpour of the day will be at 1

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Inspect at 2, any idea what sort of times the rain is meant to be on/off? Horrible feeling the only downpour of the day will be at 1

This is how the BBC have it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2652696

Rain til 12-1 then 3-5 and once again at 6-7. The rain this morning was fairly heavy.

Edited by garydavidson

I went for a run this morning and at times I practically needed a boat. There were points where there was 3 or 4 inches of water coming from the snow melt and it was teaming down with rain. Utterly miserable out there. The only hope they have is if they managed to get all the snow off the pitch yesterday. If they didn't it's going to be saturated. 

Edited by Broon

1 minute ago, Broon said:

I went for a run this morning and at times I practically needed a boat. There was points where there was 3 or 4 inches of water coming from the snow melt and it was teaming down with rain. Utterly miserable out there. The only hope they have is if they managed to get all the snow off the pitch yesterday. If they didn't it's going to be saturated. 

Sounds like you were up s**t creek without a paddle.:wink:

just read that Rovers twitter were appealing for fans to remove the last bit of snow off the pitch this morning..... Whats the odds that this area turns out to be the waterlogged area?  eg snow melt over last few days coupled with rain = very very wet.  

Should have removed all the snow on Sunday/Monday while the forecast was favourable (eg no sub zero temperatures)

Fingers crossed, if it fails the 2pm inspection can we get another one at 4pm?  eg 2 hours of forking the pitch..  forecast for the game doesnt look too bad, so the pitch shouldnt get any worse.

On 20/01/2018 at 6:41 PM, gertiesaints said:

They have their own covers. Got them from Motherwell FC when they bought new ones. 

Not the issue though. Pitch wasn’t frozen. 

If they have covers I can't believe they didn't have them down. Apart from the frost it would have made it easier to remove snow & kept the moisture off the pitch.

52 minutes ago, Dave H said:

just read that Rovers twitter were appealing for fans to remove the last bit of snow off the pitch this morning..... Whats the odds that this area turns out to be the waterlogged area?  eg snow melt over last few days coupled with rain = very very wet.  

Should have removed all the snow on Sunday/Monday while the forecast was favourable (eg no sub zero temperatures)

Fingers crossed, if it fails the 2pm inspection can we get another one at 4pm?  eg 2 hours of forking the pitch..  forecast for the game doesnt look too bad, so the pitch shouldnt get any worse.

43 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If they have covers I can't believe they didn't have them down. Apart from the frost it would have made it easier to remove snow & kept the moisture off the pitch.

Maybe you should call the club and offer them your advice? 

1 hour ago, Dave H said:

You understand they have no full time staff, and they have to remove three foot of snow from the pitch, every stand, and every walkway? 

I take it you offered to help them? 

Guest ScottMann
47 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

You understand they have no full time staff, and they have to remove three foot of snow from the pitch, every stand, and every walkway? 

I take it you offered to help them? 

Could you be more of a condescending t*** please? 

Guest ScottMann
2 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Rearranged for next Monday so presumably the Accies game on Wed will be rescheduled unless they want us to play 3 games in 5 days!!

With the idiots that run our game it wouldn't surprise me!