St.Johnstone v Hearts - McDiarmid Park - 23rd December 2017

Jenko82

your not often wrong Random but tomorrow I think you'll be wrong again. Same starting 11 as last week for me.

I want the same eleven too, think it sends the wrong message if under performing players (MOH, Macca, Spoony) waltz straight back into the team after our best performance of the season. 

Perthsaint1977 hinted we'll be changing the line up on P&B, and he's never been wrong about selections. 

Reality is that you don't keep the same team just because you have won a match. We are playing a different team who play a different formation or style so we need to make the most of countering their tactics. I would think Alston and Johnstone will be out the team to allow Macca to hold the ball up for MOH to run onto (not my choice but I can see TW going for it)

If only Macca was able to hold up play. He continually tries flick ons that usually go to opposition players to set up a counter attack. 

For a 0-0 with few clear cut chances I thought it was quite an open, fairly entertaining game. Certainly compared to our recent home matches.

Saints shaded the first half I thought, but Hearts were far better in the second, had good movement and a lot of possession though they only really created that one good chance which the lad (couldn't see who) seemed to miss a bit of a sitter.

A lot of Saints fans were screaming a bit of abuse in the last 5 minutes which seemed way over the top. It was frustrating after Hearts went down to 10 men we went far too direct. It was like a panic must get the ball forward immediately mentality which resulted in us creating very little.

I would say Hearts look a decent side, certainly the best I've seen them for a while. Lafferty gets away with a lot of cheating, but he is very effective and good at what he does.

Overall not a bad point. Other than Joe's poor touch for the goal at Ibrox, our defence has looked fairly solid against two decent opponents. And after our fullbacks were playing poor a month or two back, Foster looks far better defensively, and Tanser is playing very well.

Really hope the Millar sub was tactical as Tommy wanted to get the ball forward earlier, rather than an injury.

The football on show is much better to watch with Millar on the pitch. I enjoyed that game far more than any of the previous last few with Davidson and Paton playing together.

Thought we played quite well in spells and if Scougall had someone in front of him with movement, we would look much more dangerous.

The whole team worked hard and earned a solid point.

As for MOH, I'm not sure if it's a lack of effort or finding himself too deep for tactical reasons, but he isn't near the player he showed in the first few weeks.

I thought we were in control of the game until he took off Scougall & Midge. Hopefully it is with Wednesday in mind .

All 3 subs were worse than useless McLean missed 2 sitters even though they were supposed to be offside. Spoony slow & kept giving the ball away although he was unlucky not to score when he came on. MoH not interested.

Section of hearts fans today were arseholes,

trying to emulate sevco’s most bigoted and failing.

its 2017 .what the fun has the pope done to your sad little lives ?

weirdos

the only thing that diverted their bigotry was their wee song for the one goal messiah cochrane.!

Did Zander have a save to make? Dont think so.

Unlucky not to score with one of our chances. At least we created some against a good Hearts side who are 7 undefeated and 4 games without conceding.

Much improved in very windy, dreadful conditions.  Always amazes me fans don't consider the conditions.  Thought both teams didn't deserve to lose.

Take a point now play bottom league County midweek. Easy 3 points!

Edited by Dave H