Is this the winter of our discontent?

Havana Saint

So is TW saying that every other year that we have not had a training camp abroad mid season that the players were not motivated.

Maybe I am missing the point but thought that motivation was part of his remit as manager.

Stop the digs at the board Tommy and get on with the job that you have in previous seasons done admirably.

In my opinion I don't think Tommy making this information public really helps anyone concerned with the club.  It just causes bad feeling and unsettles fans by suggesting there's tension between the two of them.    He's clearly piss£d off with Brown for rightly or wrongly not backing his training plans.

To me he should wait and see how he's backed by Brown in bringing in new faces in the transfer window which is surely far more important than any training camp.  

Guest ScottMann

Drives me nuts when people misunderstand Shakespeare’s meaning in that quote. “Winter of discontent” means the END of the discontent. 

End of pompous pseudo-intellectual intervention, please carry on.

I did not know this. Interesting thanks.

Mind you I much preferred The End of the Innocence. That was a right foot tapper.

These players don’t deserve a foreign trip to sunnier places.

what these misfiring inconsistent professionals need is 3 weeks slugging it out in the shit and grime at somewhere like jeanfield  park.maybe then we can match and beat Albion rovers away in the cup.

Exactly.

also why do we have a training pitch ?

to fuqing train on .

pretend it’s the Caribbean.

So is TW saying that every other year that we have not had a training camp abroad mid season that the players were not motivated.

Maybe I am missing the point but thought that motivation was part of his remit as manager.

Stop the digs at the board Tommy and get on with the job that you have in previous seasons done admirably.

I agree.

Looks like he has done a bit of work checking up on this if he had a game arranged as well. Should have spoken to chairman first methinks.

The OF & Hibs are going abroad but how many of the diddy teams are.

I hope the manager has put as much effort into looking for a decent midfielder.

Moaning about the chairman , players ,fans etc etc but never looking at himself & his tactics.

Has he ever said I GOT IT WRONG.

Can remember a couple of times we have done this in the Past! pretty sure the performances when we got playing was "Well that was a waste of time" if I remember correctly, give them a week off then two weeks off running up Kinnoul hill,Laps of the North Inch and shooting/passing practise until they get it 100% correct all the time.

That should keep them warm enough.

Tommy seems more and more to be using deflection tactics to move discussion away from his own shortcomings of late

Sunny training camp my arse. Yes, it probably would be good, but is miles away from being essential

Common sense right out the window, if an employee isnt performing you give him shit then if he still doesn’t improve give him his pansies, no a feckin trip to Spain canny believe TW is throwing his toys oot the pram over this:shock:

Beginning to get annoyed with TW's comments re not getting much from Brown e.g money for trip abroad. As others have stated it doesn't always mean a guarantee of team winning/playing well on their return. Surely professional players can knuckle down and do what is needed here. Sometimes it is TW's tactics and stubborn loyalty to certain players that are costing us points. Wonder if there is some sort of unsettledness or falling out going on. Perhaps things like the NI job are niggling away at him too. Let's hope it all gets sorted/settled during this break. We need to get the feel good team factor back.

A manager of any club should know the money situation before spec'n up a holiday.  A couple of throw away comments make a story but you surely don't even need to mention it..  TW ought to know the deal by now... TW is so 'negative' in his comments its starting to be heard in the crowd.

If Brown has said get me a price, and we dont have that money available.. then you shut up and get plan B in order to be fully prepared. 

Take the group away to St Andrews, or better still prepare them with higher altitude training in the Cairngorms

This "Oh woe is me" line is starring to get a bit tiresome. Here's an idea Tommy-why don't you use the time at home to work out what your best team is and stop trying to divert the focus away from what has been a season of slim pickings so far and on a wider note 12 months of pish poor home performances. The long suffering ST holders deserve a bit of positivity and your demeanour is hardly going to get potential supporters out their houses to take advantage of the half season ticket deal and go along to McDiarmid.  

Moan moan moan. Whine whine whine. What happened to the jovial, likeable Tommy Wright? There is a doom and gloom around the place and crap digs like this every week in the media aren't helping. Is it impacting the players? There certainly isn't the same amount of fight/belief/discipline about the team lately.

Instead of Tommy moaning about budgets etc, which he cannot control. He should concentrate on things he can control, like say, getting his staff in the ground before midday on match days. Like giving his stuttering stars double training sessions instead of the 3 hour days they train for just now. Like sorting out Ricky Fosters attitude problems etc etc 

Boils my piss when he moans about shite when HE ISN'T doing his job right.