Hearts v Saints Sat February 10th Scottish Cup 5th Round

garydavidson

I believe the term ' you can only piss with the cock you have' is apt here....

TW has been dealt with the hand he has and it has been difficult to get the players he wanted because other clubs around us offered better terms, he's scraping the barrel to get what he can afford to get and in my opinion he's getting slated here with his hands tied behind his back by a miserly chairman. I understand that we have to cut our cloth accordingly to our budget but it's not doing us any favours to bring in decent players as they will go for better cash, not top six perennial finishes with a good team ethic.

Getting rid of him proves nothing, we could still be in trouble with Alex Ferguson in charge and no means to change it..... may as well give him the chance to get us out of the pickle were in . At least the fixture pile up has been slightly relieved....

2 minutes ago, lossiesaint said:

Getting rid of him proves nothing, we could still be in trouble with Alex Ferguson in charge and no means to change it..... may as well give him the chance to get us out of the pickle were in . At least the fixture pile up has been slightly relieved....

Now that's what I call a positive attitude.

COYS we've been here before and recovered. 

Guest ScottMann

I've read it all now. We really need to write to the SFA and demand our cup win is deleted from the records and to UEFA to remove our games in Europe as obviously we didn't deserve any of it as Scottish football's natural order wasn't in place. What a load of absolute embarrassing drivel. 

4 minutes ago, lossiesaint said:

I believe the term ' you can only piss with the cock you have' is apt here....

TW has been dealt with the hand he has and it has been difficult to get the players he wanted because other clubs around us offered better terms, he's scraping the barrel to get what he can afford to get and in my opinion he's getting slated here with his hands tied behind his back by a miserly chairman. I understand that we have to cut our cloth accordingly to our budget but it's not doing us any favours to bring in decent players as they will go for better cash, not top six perennial finishes with a good team ethic.

I don't agree. We went through a spell offering extensions to players based on appearances and certain players should have been moved on to freshen up the team. We've gone stale and the manager watched it happen. Our style of play got worse and age of team got older. We all seen it coming, perhaps not so quickly but it was on the cards.

3 minutes ago, sainty10 said:

Look at the difference in Kilmarnock with the new manager in, It's more out of respect that TW goes before it gets worse.

Celtic next so we could be nearer bottom after next week 

Kilmarnock hired a calibre of manager we couldn't get close to.

Ross County sacked McIntyre and hired Coyle. Their form since then consists of a 12 game winless run (our longest is six games #Facts), clearly though, sacking a manager solves every issue.

New manager in at Killie, brought in players he wanted... they have a better turnout at games and have more money.

Broon, who do you think pulls the strings on the contracts? I doubt very much TW has much to do with them, I would imagine his thoughts would be 'if it ain't broke dont fix i't... and keeping the core of a successful team would be high in TW's mind.... and unfortunately it's those players who are now underperforming. Freshening up only works if you can bring quality in.... where we are struggling to get any through inability to offer decent contracts and all the quality players we had have moved on....to better wages. We're a club who cant afford to play with the big boys and really all that's happening is that the order of Scottish football is returning to it's original state after the rangers debacle.

We will go back to being a fringe club flitting between SPL and championship.... The halcyon days are over....

But the club still needs our support..... as do the players... they are probably in a dark place tonight.

Edited by lossiesaint

First goal comes from our throw in. Davidson dispossessed. Second goal Witherspoon dispossessed .Third goal a breakaway like the other 2.

Last week both goals come from right back position.

Back 3 doesn't seem to be working.

Can't believe Gordan & Comrie can't get in that team.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Kilmarnock hired a calibre of manager we couldn't get close to.

Ross County sacked McIntyre and hired Coyle. Their form since then consists of a 12 game winless run (our longest is six games #Facts), clearly though, sacking a manager solves every issue.

And again how do you know what the terms of Clarke's deal was, you don't have any idea

Not one for sacking on a whim and don't think a great time to do it with the amount  of games left, all the sentiment is great but we are fooking rank at the moment and in freefall.

No leaders anywhere in the park, the players look like they couldn't give a flying fcuk, the manager still remaining loyal to the same lot, joe and ando after Tuesday shouldn't have been near that team today.

And last but not least bullet proof Brown wtf are you presiding over, or maybe the lower leagues suits his busy schedule!! At a loss to know who to blame but it' been horrendous a season bar the wee wins at Easter road and ibrox 

Edited by crieffsaintandy

It's not about sentimentality or being stuck in the past, it's about the fact that it's this group of players who are letting down their manager, club and supporters. Getting rid of Tommy might produce an artificial temporary boost as players turn it back on for a couple of games in fear of getting the boot but it would almost certainly be to our long term detriment. 

We're a small club run on a shoestring and have to take the good times with the bad. The unrealistic expectations of some of the reactionaries on here are just embarrassing. This is a poor run and, as fans, we're angry about it but we've become a victim of our own incredible success. The measure of the manager, the players and the fans is being able to take the relegation battles (which we have no earthly right to avoid) with the cup runs and European adventures. 

2 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

And again how do you know what the terms of Clarke's deal was, you don't 

Surely its common sense to realise that Steve Clarke is either earning a fortune there, or was willing to take a smaller wage because hes a lifelong supporter of the club. Theres nobody close to his quality we could attract.

The options are Callum Davidson, the likes of Jim McIntyre, or the likes of David Hopkin.

I don't see much point in Davidson as hes part of the structure as it is, McIntyre was slaughtered by County fans for never learning from mistakes and playing with pace, and planting an inexperienced manager in this situation is near suicide.

7 minutes ago, Dennistoun Saint said:

It's not about sentimentality or being stuck in the past, it's about the fact that it's this group of players who are letting down their manager, club and supporters. Getting rid of Tommy might produce an artificial temporary boost as players turn it back on for a couple of games in fear of getting the boot but it would almost certainly be to our long term detriment. 

We're a small club run on a shoestring and have to take the good times with the bad. The unrealistic expectations of some of the reactionaries on here are just embarrassing. This is a poor run and, as fans, we're angry about it but we've become a victim of our own incredible success. The measure of the manager, the players and the fans is being able to take the relegation battles (which we have no earthly right to avoid) with the cup runs and European adventures. 

Don't you be coming on here talking sense.

No heart no fight no leadership . Tommy decided to go one up top . First goal another mistake. Every time Hearts came forward , where was our player to step forward and challenge and make them make a decision. No back track stand off and make it easy. Then to sub midge . The only player we have that is composed on the ball and a leader driving his teammates on. Sorry joe is not a captain. He is as bad as a do at the mo . Punt another high ball in to open space. Second half should have been 4 could easily have be 5 . Tommy is like a broken record in his interviews.McMillan and the Wales lad will have to be some players to save us .Ando,Joe ,Tanser, Denny sadly just not good enough.

We can't afford to sack Wright. Our only hope is O'Neil gets one of the many jobs that come up down south & Tommy gets N.I job. Can't see that though on this seasons performance so it looks like we are stuck with him.

Can't see him turning it round though on the strength of what we have seen so far.

Something has to change though as we are now looking the complete opposite of what we were good at in previous seasons.

Tommy's teams were known to be organised, committed, made few mistakes etc etc.

I am not clamouring for TW to go/get sacked in any way but what was stopping him today and making changes with the younger player's Gordon ( may be injured/Sick), Maclean, Comrie along with Kerr . Hindsight is a marvellous thing but even before the game was played what had he to loose/ could not have been much worse.

He might yet turn this around and if he does it with the use of playing 5/6 of our younger team then he will have learned/realise youth can play their part, Even if he plays these younger players and we fail then at least he tried to change. If he continues playing the older/ageing players and get relegated then I would say he deserves the sack .

Ask me if I am disappointed.. yes I am... not a new thing for us crashing out of the cup... what upsets me more than the result is the reaction of some fans. I have never been an advocate of ' I've paid my money I can shout what I want' Some of the behaviour at the end of the game was disgusting..  people should be careful what they wish for. I don't think any  player goes out to play badly!  A lot of these players won't be around next season & the last thing we need is to be looking for another manager too... certainly don't think sacking the manager is the answer!

46 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Melt down every Saturday, slowly gaining more melters. It's only the Cup... we'll get another shot at it next season.  At least the -3 goals don't hurt us as if it was a league game.

For some the Cup was the only distraction for the shite we are producing in the league ...........

da%20transparent%20logo%20tk%20red.gif

2 hours ago, sainty10 said:

Look at the difference in Kilmarnock with the new manager in, It's more out of respect that TW goes before it gets worse.

Celtic next so we could be nearer bottom after next week 

Yes let's completely ignore all the duds kilmarnock have brought in over the last few years as they managed the dizzy heights of 10th in the league, before they hit the jackpot with Clarke.

That was awful today. Stupid mistakes: Shaughnessy absolute stupidity on a windy day, difficult pitch bounces a high throw in into the middle of the park, Murray gets outfought, Ando maybe stands too far of lafferty.. but what was Joe thinking?

Second goal Spoony maybe loses it, but Christ all Tanser has to do is put a bit of dig into a tackle, instead it's the usual schoolgirl challenge from him, hearts break forward and score a cracke while Tanser casually jogs back.

I understood the need to change things, but taking off Chris Millar was not a great decision.

We could still be playing now and not have a chance, we are so devoid of ideas.

For me it's time to stop trying to mess with formations, that midfield was all over the place today. Back to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and be solid and hard to break down. It's time we got back to scraping draws and shitfesting, just to stop the rot. We've created very little for a while anyway so it won't matter too much.

We still have Macmillan and Williams to come in, we have to hope they can give everyone a lift.

Don't understand why Watson is getting on the bench ahead of Gordon when we apparently don't even want Watson anymore. Is Gordon injured?

Still Tommy Wright for me, we're better than these knee jerk clubs who sack folk at the drop of a hat, but he needs to sort us out tactically as that looked really poor today.

Edited by PauloPerth