Tommy Wright's position (title edited)

rik2304

12 hours ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Why is it a lack of respect exactly. Did you see him out there today. He was lost. It's gone. We are a rudderless ship and he's the Captain. We have run aground. I will always be in his debt and the players who gave us the greatest day in our saints supporting lives but times change. Even if he did walk or was pushed, I don't think any of us will ever be anything less than supremely greatful and thankful. same goes with Macca, Ando and the rest but difficult decisions will have to be made. The very loyalty that is gonna cost TW his job ( sticking with players  when he should have either dropped or moved on) is what you seem to be demanding. TW came out and said himself that the time for loyalty was over ( sadly he failed after one game to stick to his word)..  The  Captain of the Titanic was the best captain they ever had but he still lost his ship.

You know something...i`ve had better days as a fan in the first division..back in the old days..i celebrated more when we scored that 3rd goal against Rangers in the cup in 81? than i did at the Cup Final...its etched into my psyche forever..the roar...the stoor..bodies flying off in all directions...football should be about emotions and passion..and we`ve certainly lost that

Really don't understand some of the usual folk on hers comments that TW has lost his way. 

Did he take the throw in?

Did he piss about at the corner flag?

Did he miss a tackle?

No he didn't, he took a brave call yesterday by taking off Chris Millar and going 2 up top. It didn't work but really some of the crap getting written by the same folk that wrote a lot of crap after the better performance last week is predicatable.

46 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Really don't understand some of the usual folk on hers comments that TW has lost his way. 

Did he miss a tackle?

No he didn't, he took a brave call yesterday by taking off Chris Millar and going 2 up top. It didn't work but really some of the crap getting written by the same folk that wrote a lot of crap after the better performance last week is predicatable.

Are you happy with Tommys selections and gameplans this season?

I don't want Tommy sacked, but I'm definitely not one of his happyclappers and can see his many faults and have done for years.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Did he miss a tackle?

Are  you are blind to everything?  He picked the team, he bought the players, he dictated the tactics,  he's paid to motivate, organise and galvanise, he had to make the" brave " decision after 20 minutes because he ****ed up the team selection at the start.  He stood on the sidelines  looking lost as HIS team were dismantled yet again. He is the manager & he is responsible, not the fans. #happyclappernumberone

52 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Are you happy with Tommys selections and gameplans this season?

I don't want Tommy sacked, but I'm definitely not one of his happyclappers and can see his many faults and have done for years.

I have always been a fan of 3 at the back and think it can work well.  The goals we are losing are not down to that but bad individual choices. 

I applaud his decision to leave macca out. I am happy with results no Do I think we will turn it round Yes I think he will but it needs to happen soon.

12 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Are  you are blind to everything?  He picked the team, he bought the players, he dictated the tactics,  he's paid to motivate, organise and galvanise, he had to make the" brave " decision after 20 minutes because he ****ed up the team selection at the start.  He stood on the sidelines  looking lost as HIS team were dismantled yet again. He is the manager & he is responsible, not the fans. #happyclappernumberone

I actually thought you were dead you had been so quite but God you 'e making up for it now.

I do know what a manager is but thanks for the definition

Read the posts and stop being a Muppet.

34 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I have always been a fan of 3 at the back and think it can work well.  The goals we are losing are not down to that but bad individual choices. 

I applaud his decision to leave macca out. I am happy with results no Do I think we will turn it round Yes I think he will but it needs to happen soon.

Three at the back works well with the correct personnel. Unfortunately we don't have that available to us. Joe and Ando in particular, look completely lost in a back 3, whilst our wing backs are not good enough to provide the attacking width in this system either.  

My main concern is the complete lack of movement off the ball. We don't seem to work anywhere near as hard as the opposition do when we don't have the ball, both when attacking and defending. The number of times one of our players has the ball and there are absolutely no options for a pass available is criminal. Wtf are they doing in training all week? 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I actually thought you were dead you had been so quite but God you 'e making up for it now.

I do know what a manager is but thanks for the definition

Read the posts and stop being a Muppet.

I'm a muppet??/  Aye right..  That's  made my day. Happy Clapper number one calls me a muppet..   It's the managers responsibility and no amount of abuse, bullshit or flannel fae you is going to change that..  If you want to pretend it's not, that's up to you but every time  you post happy clapper stuff, I will be there to respond..  You have a nice  night now.  

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

Three at the back works well with the correct personnel. Unfortunately we don't have that available to us. Joe and Ando in particular, look completely lost in a back 3, whilst our wing backs are not good enough to provide the attacking width in this system either.  

My main concern is the complete lack of movement off the ball. We don't seem to work anywhere near as hard as the opposition do when we don't have the ball, both when attacking and defending. The number of times one of our players has the ball and there are absolutely no options for a pass available is criminal. Wtf are they doing in training all week? 

working on throw in's it appears.  Maybe work on giving the ball to the opposition next week!  :wink:  

40 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

I'm a muppet??/  Aye right..  That's  made my day. Happy Clapper number one calls me a muppet..   It's the managers responsibility and no amount of abuse, bullshit or flannel fae you is going to change that..  If you want to pretend it's not, that's up to you but every time  you post happy clapper stuff, I will be there to respond..  You have a nice  night now.  

I love it when you throw the toys out the pram. :laugh:

SwedishChef.jpg

2 hours ago, Nelly78 said:

I actually would prefer to see Liam when he is fit playing at Left Wing Back and Alston or the Comrie at Right Wing back, Foster is not fitting in. 

As for training I do wonder how much time they have worked on it due to the midweek matches. Hopefully having a free week will allow them to work on it.

5 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I love it when you throw the toys out the pram. :laugh:

SwedishChef.jpg

I have hardly thrown my toys out of the pram. I have merely highlighted your ability to pretend it is not the managers fault  that his players , tactics  and motivation are failing at this time.  Well done on the photo though.. I like it a lot #happyclappernumberone

The infighting on this forum is pretty sad. I understand the frustration- i hate getting up at 4am, vainly hoping for some fight, then predictably dismantled within 20 minutes. I feel for those that pay hard cash to watch another listless display. I have no idea what the depths team morale have sunk to, but i imagine it's as buoyant as being diagnosed stage 4 liver cancer. I have no doubt that TW is doing everything to give us a fighting chance... but, with players confidence shot, simple passes going .. somewhere and i really question if they know what formations/ players they should be looking to pass to. Are they being overcoached? No confidence and different systems which they're not too sure what to do? I think it was Sandy Clark (or maybe Sturrock/ Totten), that ended up with players not knowing what to do once a waft of panic sets in. Need a leader on the park. I just want it simple. Scougall is a loss. Let's see if these loan players can get some hope back to a shattered squad. 4-4-2 for me

4 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I actually would prefer to see Liam when he is fit playing at Left Wing Back and Alston or the Comrie at Right Wing back, Foster is not fitting in. 

As for training I do wonder how much time they have worked on it due to the midweek matches. Hopefully having a free week will allow them to work on it.

Did the manager not just have  3 weeks of no matches to "work on it"

32 minutes ago, Center Half said:

working on throw in's it appears.  Maybe work on giving the ball to the opposition next week!  :wink:  

I have noticed a few different set piece routines lately that are obviously straight off the training ground. 

They were pish and never worked.

Guest ScottMann
7 minutes ago, The ghost of Jim Morton said:

Did the manager not just have  3 weeks of no matches to "work on it"

Yes but it was a bit too chilly for working on it, whatever it was.

2 hours ago, Nelly78 said:

Ando has looked lost all season