Alex Rennie

Templar Saint

4 hours ago, slf said:

Alex Rennes blue and white army.

former player and manager.

rip

My most favorite times supporting Saints when Alex was the saints manager.along with an old company of friends who I am still close to. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. If one thing is certain, you´re blue and white army will never ever forget you. RIP

Rennie.jpg.fbba80727e9a1c106482cbd31e252dc9.jpg

Sad news indeed.

First time I saw him in a Saints eleven was a pre season friendly v Derby County 1968/69 at the Baseball ground. A balmy Monday evening in August, I couldn't believe my luck here I was just back to the UK from Berlin and Saints were playing just up the road. I was based in Lincolnshire. Nae car so it was the choo choo fm Lincoln to Derby. Memory is a bit hazy nowadays but I remember it being a good match and Saints were impressive, I think we either drew or won the match - mind thinking who was thon blond fellah strutting about so confidently in midfield, a new signing sure... must be an Icelander (It was all the rage to sign Icelandic players in those days) I soon learned otherwise.  Of course the rest is history.

Thanks for the memory Alex. RIP.

Very sad news indeed.A fabulous player,a succesful manager and a gentleman.

His playing style was a joy,hard but fair,confident bordering on arrogant,and always driving his team mates on.His managerial style was to allow players to express themselves while still operating within defined tactics.

i went into his pub {not knowing it was his) when attending v Stenhousemuir one day.What a welcome I got.Later on I had the pleasure of meeting him at Powderhall (dogs) several times where we watched our cash disappear while reminiscing over Muirton Memories. A true gentleman.RIP.