Dundee v Saints

On 19/03/2018 at 3:02 PM, PanamaSaint said:

It seems that we are being slated everywhere for turning in to dirty team with a high foul and booking count. Over on the Dundee forum they are whinging about only committing is fouls against the Dons. I would much rather see over zealous commitment in the tackle than not tackle at all. Well done Saints for your recent battling qualities.

Think all this media hype about us being a dirty team contributed to Muzz getting booked for winning a 50\50 ball last night . 

Muzz spent the rest of the game frightened to put in s tackle ,which meant he was not as effective as usual.

48 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

I note that according to SFA website that McCann is facing a misconduct charge, while Zander is charged with "excessive" misconduct.

When did this change, as I'm sure originally both were up for excessive misconduct?

OK,so they are making out that Zanders actions were more aggressive than McCanns

Guest ScottMann
21 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Bans are not the same.

Zander cannot take part whatsover for 2 games whereas McCann is a touch line ban so can still carry out his duties from the stand with communication with the dugout.

Surely in these days of equality this is unjust and should be taken up with the governing authorities.

We know our place.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Not a defender of Neil Lennon, but he got a five match ban for sarcastically applauding a ref. McCann slapped another player and confronted everyone in the tunnel and gets two. 

Seems off. 

Slightly under playing what Lennon did. He lost it completely was right in the refs face and clearly swore.

Deserved all he got.

Guest ScottMann

It's an interesting use of the word ban regarding McCann. I'd call it more of a relocation. Zander can't do his job. McCann can still do his but has to move about 20 yards back and up a bit to do it. Some ban that is.

55 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

It's an interesting use of the word ban regarding McCann. I'd call it more of a relocation. Zander can't do his job. McCann can still do his but has to move about 20 yards back and up a bit to do it. Some ban that is.

An excellent observation one Saints should make full use of in an appeal.  The irony is Dundee have had the cheek to appeal.

On 29/03/2018 at 6:58 PM, RandomGuy said:

Not a defender of Neil Lennon, but he got a five match ban for sarcastically applauding a ref. McCann slapped another player and confronted everyone in the tunnel and gets two. 

Seems off. 

Lennon has so much previous ,he was due a healthy ban and as stated the clapping was a mere part of a tirade that was way out of proportion for a normal professional sportsman. Not sure he has to serve 5 match ban either as I think its part suspended.

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Appeal should only delay the inevitable. 

The wee shitebag should get an extra 2 games for wasting everyone's time.

Ageed, he should also get yet another 2 games for being stupid.  The ban was due to be served against Hearts and Celtic, a sensible man would have accepted that leaving him free to manage the vital post split fixtures unhindered.

Guest ScottMann
13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Appeal should only delay the inevitable. 

The wee shitebag should get an extra 2 games for wasting everyone's time.

I think that was done in England if not here. Something about an extra game added to the ban if the appeal was found to be frivolous. Not sure if it still is down there.

Agree with most of the posts above regarding McCann's two game ban having less of an effect on him or Dundee FC than Zander missing two matches for us.

Once again our punishment or part in any offence is deemed to be at least the same or worse as others even when reported otherwise! I guess that's probably because it was taken from the officials report or whoever was in closest attendance rather than just the TV evidence.

The fact that McCann has now appealed this and since the incident is constantly in the news talking about Caulker and Graeme Murty his upcoming appeal will be dismissed and Saints and Zander will be the only ones to receive any punishment.