Poty Awards

sixties saintee

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Ghostie gives as good  as he gets, he has a big  heart and a true Saintee, be back in the faith before long. 

I havenae "lost the faith" LOLOLO   I am just not prepared to go through the shite I did year after year. Sod all to do with being in the huff.  This is not new. I stopped my involvement before last years POTY night and  would not have even  posted about this other than out of courtesy to Radford and just to make sure everyone was aware ( if they had not seen last seasons posts on the matter) last season was the straw that broke my back, not this season..  As I said, I am not even sure if the shield is out there or not, I cannot remember who was supposed to get it last year and obviously have no idea if they did get it. As I said though, if someone from WAP want to take up the mantle then there is no reason why they cannot. They would in the first instance need to check back to see who was getting what last year and then contact Paul Smith to see if any trophies were indeed handed over. The process from there would be to ask Paul to get them back ( he may have done so already??) and then to find out who won the vote, get the shield engraved and get someone to present it on the night. There is NOTHING stopping anyone doing this but I have done my time .  I started this by mooching free trophies from TTW and did it for a good few years. They are not MY trophies as I mooched them on behalf of WAP. There is some costs involved which I have covered myself each year and whoever took over would either have to bear these costs or ask Wappers for donations..  I hope everyone understands where I am on this and realises it certainly is not a "toys oot oh the pram" thing but just a simple decision to stop doing it..  If anyone does want to do it and needs any advice/info, feel free to message me and I would be happy to help.

Cheers.  COYS.   Gordon.

10 hours ago, Dave H said:

What player(s) didn't return? They probably binned it not realising it needed returned.  Name and shame!

I believe Muzz and Darnell Fisher were the problems.

Ghostie got one or two new shields and the youth one went back off down to England somewhere last season.

9 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Surely the answer to potential missing trophies is that they are retained by the club and could be displayed in the Muirton Suite with all winners names being engraved on it.

The players could be given a small trophy to retain or a bottle as per man of the match awards.

This is how it's usually done, when done properly that is. Well done for nominating yourself, I second it.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Out of order cagey you dont know montys circumstances, nice of you to volunteer though, sure monty will contact you to give you some advice. 

Yeah,I was joking. Monty & Gnostic are 2 of my favourite posters on here. I miss them.

53 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Ha Ha.

As you are a major poster on here and  therefore  have seniority it is only fitting that you take over the duties. 

I like your forward thinking approach and as I have seniority in your eyes, i have to go with the original forwarded motion. 

I put it to the forum. I Andy Rhodes fancy watch nominate Templar Saint to be chief trophy guy on behalf of WAP, he's simply the best choice to take us forward, who's with me?

Sophie has come back to me, Poty is on 12 Th May, at the Tulloch from 7 pm, Presentations at 7.30 sharp, followed by Stoves and Disco, tickets are £ 10 for Adults, £ 5 for Kids which is a good deal, so come on you Exiles get your hands in your pockets and get to Perth, either let me know you are coming or phone Sophie direct at the club, tickets usually sell quickly so be quick. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if somebody could enlighten me as to what the story was with this season's POTY Awards. 

I have had a good scroll back through the Official Website, the official Twitter / Facebook accounts for the club and as far as I can see there was not a single mention ever made about this upcoming event.  Now going by the message posted above it would seem this event is now a complete sell-out. 

Anyone able to shed any light on this?  have I just completely missed the boat with this as I and a few mates really fancied going. 

On 17/04/2018 at 2:36 PM, sixties saintee said:

Sophie has come back to me, Poty is on 12 Th May, at the Tulloch from 7 pm, Presentations at 7.30 sharp, followed by Stoves and Disco, tickets are £ 10 for Adults, £ 5 for Kids which is a good deal, so come on you Exiles get your hands in your pockets and get to Perth, either let me know you are coming or phone Sophie direct at the club, tickets usually sell quickly so be quick. 

Let's hope it's STOVIES your getting and not Stoves.

Your falsies will never survive if it's Stoves.:laugh:

3 hours ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

I wonder if somebody could enlighten me as to what the story was with this season's POTY Awards. 

I have had a good scroll back through the Official Website, the official Twitter / Facebook accounts for the club and as far as I can see there was not a single mention ever made about this upcoming event.  Now going by the message posted above it would seem this event is now a complete sell-out. 

Anyone able to shed any light on this?  have I just completely missed the boat with this as I and a few mates really fancied going. 

Normally potys are the evening after final game, not sure if Saints advertise it as most people aware of it and it sells out very quickly, not sure how many the tulloch holds, but there must be some venue that holds more in Perth, try ringing Sophie at club and see if there's any cancellations. 

4 hours ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

I think it's a secret.

An exchange here between Radford the unofficial twiitter and the SLO gives the details on why there was no general sale:

https://twitter.com/stjohnstone1884/status/994454905023803392

SLO "To the best of my knowledge tickets were offered to clubs and individuals who were in attendance at last year’s event in the first instance, resulting in the event being sold out before a general sale could take place."

Really is becoming quite an insular club.

59 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

An exchange here between Radford the unofficial twiitter and the SLO gives the details on why there was no general sale:

https://twitter.com/stjohnstone1884/status/994454905023803392

SLO "To the best of my knowledge tickets were offered to clubs and individuals who were in attendance at last year’s event in the first instance, resulting in the event being sold out before a general sale could take place."

Really is becoming quite an insular club.

Anyone on here that was at last year's event confirm this ?.