Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

7 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Maybe not the right thread for this, but have the club ever been so late in terms of getting things organised for next season?

Our first competitive game is 3 1/2 weeks away, yet we still haven’t announced a sponsor, strips (other than a new supplier) more than 2 friendlies (our apparent opposition have advertised that we are playing them over a week ago) no signings, no player or manger snippets, no season ticket advertising (sending out packs to existing holders doesn’t count) and even then it had players that have now left!!

Appreciate much will be in hand behind the scenes, but doesn’t give off an impression of a premiership club. 

It has been undeniably poor, a new low. If we were Annan Athletic or Forfar then we could hardly gripe, but we are shambolic on the communication front for a top flight club in 2018. 

12 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

It has been undeniably poor, a new low. If we were Annan Athletic or Forfar then we could hardly gripe, but we are shambolic on the communication front for a top flight club in 2018. 

Couldn’t agree more and I would also add downright embarrassing to shambolic, it’s like the club don’t want any season ticket holders ,would be surprised if we sold much more than 1000.Hope I’m wrong.

This close season I have come to the conclusion that despite what is always being said about Saints in the media and by rival fans alike, we are not a well run club! A well run business maybe, but a well run professional, Scottish Premiership club? No, not by a long shot.

Edited by SaintDougie

2 hours ago, SaintDougie said:

This close season I have come to the conclusion that despite what is always being said about Saints in the media and by rival fans alike, we are not a well run club! A well run business maybe, but a well run professional, Scottish Premiership club? No, not by a long shot.

Agreed.

Motherwell have shown that it only takes employing the right person to improve PR. Even Falkirk had a great PR day yesterday, getting their fans excited about potential new signings, keeping them guessing and doing various announcements throughout the day.

I genuinely don't understand Brown's thinking. He moans at the lack of fans but has there been a single mention of season tickets since they went on sale?

They obviously advertised for a new media person but they have needed them for over a year now. We are weeks before the season starts and the fans know **** all about what is happening from pre-season, to strips, to potential signings. We hear from the manager today but only a rant about our goalkeeping coach being poached by another club.

35 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Agreed.

Motherwell have shown that it only takes employing the right person to improve PR. Even Falkirk had a great PR day yesterday, getting their fans excited about potential new signings, keeping them guessing and doing various announcements throughout the day.

I genuinely don't understand Brown's thinking. He moans at the lack of fans but has there been a single mention of season tickets since they went on sale?

They obviously advertised for a new media person but they have needed them for over a year now. We are weeks before the season starts and the fans know **** all about what is happening from pre-season, to strips, to potential signings. We hear from the manager today but only a rant about our goalkeeping coach being poached by another club.

100% this. I'm guessing Stoke have been above board regarding Callum Davidson because his move hasn't even been mentioned yet.

It wont be long before the chairman is in the paper moaning about a drop in season ticket sales, but this summer the club has done literally nothing to encourage people to buy one or to excite the fans ahead of the new season.

For example, the last twitters posts about some of the important summer issues at Saints;

Last squad news from the club - 24th of May to announce Anderson, Tanser and Mark Hurst's new contracts (we already knew about Anderson and Tanser for a couple of weeks by that stage, but Hurst's new deal was at least fresh information). Our last (and only) new signing was announced the 9th of May, prior to last season finishing. I appreciate new signings can take time and I'm not too concerned by that at this stage, but it would do the support a lot of good to announce a new signing to try and get people up for the new season.

Last time the club advertised season tickets - 4th of June (the packs arrived on - what - the 31st of May at people's doors) The retweets about watching terrible football in freezing temperatures will help the sales too I'm sure, but they came before the 4th.

Kits - 31st of May to announce BLK would be making them. No mention of when they'll be out or what they will look like  or even who our new sponsor will be.

Pre-season - May 17th(!) after Berwick announced we were playing them. We haven't been told when pre-season begins (presumably it'll be either at the end of this week or the beginning of next as everyone else seems to be starting up now) and we apparently have a pre-season tour of Austria arranged with a game against a Croatian team sorted, but the club haven't felt the need to tell the fans. I wouldn't have minded looking into a wee trip to Austria as I'd assume the location of the game would be easy enough to find.

We do, however, get a weekly tweet about the Saints Lotto numbers, so there is that.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Saints have tweeted 25 times since 1st June. Falkirk as an example have tweeted 30 times in the last 24 hours or so. :neutral:

4 times since last Wednesday. Once with the fixtures, a retweet for strathearn saints, answering a query about hospitality and the Lotto numbers about 45 minutes ago. Pretty much every club in the senior leagues are putting our social media game in the shade.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

4 times since last Wednesday. Once with the fixtures, a retweet for strathearn saints, answering a query about hospitality and the Lotto numbers about 45 minutes ago. Pretty much every club in the senior leagues are putting our social media game in the shade.

Yup. I don't understand it. Social media is a free platform. A high percentage of fans are on it. Even if the media person isn't in place yet how hard is it for one member of staff to get on it and push information out. Even if its just mentioning season tickets every so often. 

The fact that's its about 4 weeks to the start pf the season and there is nothing coming from the club is worrying. No mention if we need to look for a new assistant manager, don't know what our new strip is or when it goes on sale to fans, lack of pre-season arrangements, not even rumours about who we are looking to sign. At least try and excite the fans by saying they are interested in signing someone. There is nothing positive about the club to talk about at the minute because everything is so quiet. Hearts have made 9 signings for f*** sake. Where it looks like everyone at our club is on holiday and just going to turn up 1st day of the season and hope for the best. Do something saints!!!!!!!

We are well run in the sense that we are financially sound (possibly too cautious?), and don't take knee jerk reactions with the manager during bad spells. The hospitality is also a strong point.

However it is pretty obvious that we are badly run in nearly every other modern aspect.

Big section on Grampian showing ICT returning to training & discussing the fact that they won't let their coach go to St Mirran as they will not pay compo'.

Also section on Ross County & Ryan Dow rre-signing. That's another one of the list:laugh:.

Does the championship start their season before us.

Having said that after ,not having a decent close season for a while can't complain at them having a decent break this season. That doesn't mean the whole club had to shut down.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

We are well run in the sense that we are financially sound (possibly too cautious?), and don't take knee jerk reactions with the manager during bad spells. The hospitality is also a strong point.

However it is pretty obvious that we are badly run in nearly every other modern aspect.

Financially sound yes. The hospitality has went back the way in the past couple of seasons, it is almost like the club is being strangled from within (in the areas that are of most important to us fans)

37 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/squad-numbers-announced

Ask, and ye shall receive......

We are off to a training camp in Austria, and squad numbers allocated.......with some mysterious gaps in the numbers. 

Oo-er.

Think folk read too much into the numbers. Certain ones are vacant as the players that had them left this summer, such as Denny Johnstone.

Wonder if the training camp is a good opportunity to assess some trialists.