Season Tickets 2018-2019

Havana Saint

5 hours ago, SaintDougie said:

You have to bear in mind that there is a huge number of people that no longer even receive emails from the club despite being on their database, such is the substandard software they use. How many times have you heard someone complaining they used to get Tommy's weekly email however no longer do? I know I'm certainly in that boat!

So even if the club were to be even remotely proactive and send the opt in email to adhere with GDPR, half the people on the database would never even see it.  

same boat. not had any this season and most of last. I'm still a ST holder.

6 hours ago, garydavidson said:

They are spreading one person so thin it won't produce quality and in the end it will cause a job to lie vacant for months again when that person leaves.

If they just did it properly then there wouldn't be complaints about lack of communication or the stupidly large remit of the job role.

Pushing Ross into a position where he had to leave was a huge issue, any initiatives knocked back by you know who. Poor guy became increasingly frustrated, but that's the style of "leadership" he faced.

I’m sure there will be someone along to say that you don’t need to worry about selling season tickets yet, but my god, there really is poor organisation at the club.

A new marketing bod is welcome, but what have they been doing for that last however many months?

Also, on the ST’s is it that they just don’t want to sell them yet or is there some sort of hold up? I mean it’s not like they knew there’d be a close season coming up and they'd need to not only sell, but actively market the season tickets, strips, advertising etc.

You see more commercial aptitude at non league clubs, a business with a what 5/6 million pound turnover should really be doing much much better. 

Don’t like slagging off Saints as there is many good quality folk working there, but we are miles behind other clubs our size and smaller. I say this all not because I have some sort of grudge, but because like the rest of us, I want the club to have as many fans as possible and to kick on. Unless you went past McD, someone in Perth would be hard pushed to tell that there is even a club here at all!

Edited by TheYellowBox

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Suggestion from @Radford 72 is Steve Brown only works two days a week. 

Would it be a shock to find out that nothing can be approved without his express say so, so we have folk just wandering around McDiarmid doing nothing most days? 

Just to back that up, it came from his infamous bulletproof interview:

"There are only three of us on the board here and we're all full-time elsewhere. We'll be one of the few clubs that doesn’t have a full-time chairman or chief executive. That's where it's tough.

"I'll be here Tuesday afternoons and Friday afternoons and obviously you have various other demands when it comes to the SPFL and SFA but you just fit it all in whenever you can."

From the same interview, a reminder why we don't have a CE and what the new M&C officer will face:

"But unless someone can convince me otherwise, come hell or high water, I will not change my mind. That’s it. If I think that’s the right way and no one can give me something to change my mind, that’s it.

"I’m bulletproof and you need to be. If you’re easily influenced, you’ll never be a good leader.

“Of course I make mistakes but if you have to show leadership, you can’t be influenced by every Tom, Richard or Harry because they have a different opinion. You wouldn’t be able to run anything."

19 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Just to back that up, it came from his infamous bulletproof interview:

"There are only three of us on the board here and we're all full-time elsewhere. We'll be one of the few clubs that doesn’t have a full-time chairman or chief executive. That's where it's tough.

"I'll be here Tuesday afternoons and Friday afternoons and obviously you have various other demands when it comes to the SPFL and SFA but you just fit it all in whenever you can."

From the same interview, a reminder why we don't have a CE and what the new M&C officer will face:

"But unless someone can convince me otherwise, come hell or high water, I will not change my mind. That’s it. If I think that’s the right way and no one can give me something to change my mind, that’s it.

"I’m bulletproof and you need to be. If you’re easily influenced, you’ll never be a good leader.

“Of course I make mistakes but if you have to show leadership, you can’t be influenced by every Tom, Richard or Harry because they have a different opinion. You wouldn’t be able to run anything."

source (1).gif

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Never got my dear Jim e-mail yet.

Has anyone had their season ticket renewal form yet ?.

NO

But then again is it not only the poor clubs that want their fans money really early so they can pay wages throughout the non footballing weeks?

SB is using our "money in the bank" to finance this and not fleecing the fans for season ticket money early.  Bonus points to SB for this.

Edited by Templar Saint

16 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

NO

But then again is it not only the poor clubs that want their fans money really early so they can pay wages throughout the non footballing weeks?

SB is using our "money in the bank" to finance this and not fleecing the fans for season ticket money early.  Bonus points to SB for this.

I think this is a pretty strange way to look at it, tbh. Next you'll be applauding the club for not releasing strips until the day before out first game as it clearly shows we're not bankrupt. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I think this is a pretty strange way to look at it, tbh. Next you'll be applauding the club for not releasing strips until the day before out first game as it clearly shows we're not bankrupt. 

H.L & S.

Proves if use the correct bait you will always get a catch despite the weather :laugh:

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

If you had known about the price a month ago would you have bought it a month ago.

Personally I always waited until the very last day that it was possible. On the basis of the money is better in my bank than saints. 

Maybe they are planning the announcement of a marquee signing to coincide with the pricing announcement.

It is obviously planned as the promotion photos were obviously done before the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

If you had known about the price a month ago would you have bought it a month ago.

Personally I always waited until the very last day that it was possible. On the basis of the money is better in my bank than saints. 

Maybe they are planning the announcement of a marquee signing to coincide with the pricing announcement.

It is obviously planned as the promotion photos were obviously done before the end of the season. 

I like to budget my money so I know how much to put aside for my ticket - I've put the same + 10% aside just incase but it would better knowing a few months ago because some people will need to save for a couple of months 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

All the promotional stuff so far involves players that have already left the club!

Everyone else seems to have had there season tickets out for ages,as normal st Johnstone are poor, should of had them on sale after last game of season,Killie etc get increased sales etc our media outlet is very poor as normal from st Johnstone

14 hours ago, mainstand said:

Why shouldn't people have the option to buy them earlier if they want to though? I had overtime money that was begging to be used for a new season ticket, but I've spent that elsewhere now. I'll still be getting one, but there's plenty of others out there who might think again if they don't have the cash at the time.

The club have done a decent job of trying to give us news every week since the season ended with the only thing missing being a new signing since the season finished and I hope you're right about a marquee signing, but I'd rather just get my season ticket bought.

I see the Club have announced details o f the new initiatives on the website but no indication of a price freeze so I suspect there is a price increase.

New price category for 18 and 19 year olds and an option to purchase tickets for the old firm games at £10 a head for season ticket fans.