Saints Kit Supplier 2018/19?

outatimecow

Guest ScottMann

I've seen a move to Macron rumoured a couple of times. They seem to have fewer shockers than Joma but as I feel the real problem with Saints strips lies with whoever at McDiarmid chooses them I shall wait and see what appears before celebrating.

Guest ScottMann
24 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Holy mother of God. The tee shirt argument starts earlier and earlier every year......

As does your whinging about it. Here's a little tip...when you see a thread about Saints Kit, pass it by. Ignore it. Avoid it. You don't have to click on every thread, especially the ones that obviously cause you such emotional trauma. 

We signed a new three year deal with them, and in the announcement they talk about already having them for five. So that's eight seasons. 

We first used Joma in 2010/11. 

I think that means this current season is the last one. 

Have it in my mind we added another year or two but can't find any proof so must've made it up. 

This is the last year of the contract with TTL. 

Would be surprised if TTL were involved in the new contract. If it is with Joma then there are other companies such as joma direct or football nation or direct soccer. 

Think you will find that there will be a few companies looking at saints. 

Anyone thinking about Adidas or Nike will see a kit catalogue which is one of the problems some have had with Joma.

Guest ScottMann
14 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Would be surprised if TTL were involved in the new contract. If it is with Joma then there are other companies such as joma direct or football nation or direct soccer. 

Anyone thinking about Adidas or Nike will see a kit catalogue which is one of the problems some have had with Joma.

There's a strange snobbery now where somehow it's seen as 'diddy' not to have some form of unique strip. Having seen our bespoke creations I'd be delighted with a straight forward strip, catalogue or not. Couldn't care which company makes it as long as it's decent quality and looks good.

Get us back to something like this combination of home and away...

Saints.jpg.6fda816767136377108e8f1afe795298.jpg

Blue/white/white and white/blue/blue in a proper royal blue. Perfect!

59 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think TTL just gave up on Saints. The club I assume chooses the kits (last seasons was particularly horrific) but TTL will provide the training gear. Couple of the training tops look decent, but not on their website. 

I’d be happy with a Macron or such like, although would be pretty good to see Saints in Nike or Adidas.

Template kits are ok, but you always feel like you pay silly money for someone to stick a badge and sponsor on a cheep top. I like the kits where the badge and sponsor etc are part of the material, not just a stitch/iron on.

I know a wee bit about this kit malarky..... Joma have been good for Saints, they have paid a decent Royalty to the club for 8 years, and were the beneficiaries of the cup winning season. 

Forget  Umbro/Puma/Nike/Adidas - those brands would be a liability for Saints.

Expect Pendle (!), Macron, or Errea types.......Admiral also, but for the Englandshire connotations.

Hummel kits are licenced in the UK and the firm (not Hummel) typically run a concern on behalf of the clubs it takes on e.g.  Charlton last year, Rotherham this year.

So long as Saints don't follow the Kilmarknock or Gillingham model and have the strips done up in Sri Lanka, I'm happy

9 hours ago, ScottMann said:

There's a strange snobbery now where somehow it's seen as 'diddy' not to have some form of unique strip. Having seen our bespoke creations I'd be delighted with a straight forward strip, catalogue or not. Couldn't care which company makes it as long as it's decent quality and looks good.

Great strip that. 

Stirling Albion have just put up a poll on their site inviting fans to vote on which Macron option they go with. The first shirt here looks great and I'd be very happy to see a blue version of that (with white shorts and socks, obvs) for Saints...

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/2018/04/17/vote-for-new-home-kit-2/

Personally I don't care if we get a template/catalogue design. Some of Joma's "bespoke" offerings have been absolutely rotten. I also think TTL have been really crap - hardly any merch for Saints fans in comparison to the other clubs they work with, and a lot of the time they haven't even bothered to put up proper photographs on their site.

I see Sevco are getting a Hummel kit next season, incidentally.

6 hours ago, MySpazz said:

I know a wee bit about this kit malarky..... Joma have been good for Saints, they have paid a decent Royalty to the club for 8 years, and were the beneficiaries of the cup winning season. 

Expect Pendle (!), Macron, or Errea types.......Admiral also, but for the Englandshire connotations.

Design-wise I think Joma have been a mixed bag. The first few kits, especially the cup final kit and the first Eses kit, were fantastic. More recent efforts have been disappointing.

I'd be OK with Macron, Hummel, Errea etc for a change. Kappa might be an option too.

Out of interest can you explain the bit about the bigger brands being a liability for Saints? Would it not just involve someone like TTL supplying us and the kit coming out of a catalogue?

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Hummel kits are licenced in the UK and the firm (not Hummel) typically run a concern on behalf of the clubs it takes on e.g.  Charlton last year, Rotherham this year.

So long as Saints don't follow the Kilmarknock or Gillingham model and have the strips done up in Sri Lanka, I'm happy

Kilmarnock are Nike, so not sure about the Sri lanka. they were prior to Nike done by the a company in Kilmarnock that used to do nike etc strips.

Puma are also licensed in the UK through Gemini sports, Nike and Adidas can be a possibility via Just sport who also have their own kit brand Avec.

There area  few new names coming on the market for teams down south at present.

I've been pretty sure this is the last season with Joma since the end of last season, so if others are echoing this there must have been something announced in the past. 

I've actually been hoping for Marcon to take over as I personally think their kits this season have been pretty class. Subtle little touches, yet pretty traditional football kits, on what appear to be of a high quality finish. 

Also I don't really care if it's bespoke or not, just something that's a traditional looking St Johnstone kit in traditional St Johnstone blue! Joma failed at every attempt to get our club colours correct, and apart from a couple of decent efforts they have been in the most part, pretty poor and unpopular as far as design and quality is concerned. 

Add to that the years of the Surridge sports pish we had it's high time we had a good quality popular Saints kit again.

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Kilmarnock are Nike, so not sure about the Sri lanka. they were prior to Nike done by the a company in Kilmarnock that used to do nike etc strips.

Puma are also licensed in the UK through Gemini sports, Nike and Adidas can be a possibility via Just sport who also have their own kit brand Avec.

There area  few new names coming on the market for teams down south at present.

That's my point, you get expensive brands via a licence......

Killie's kits were 1869 "own design" and imported from Sri Lanka to their spec..

What names are you seeing coming into the market?

Edited by MySpazz

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Design-wise I think Joma have been a mixed bag. The first few kits, especially the cup final kit and the first Eses kit, were fantastic. More recent efforts have been disappointing.

I'd be OK with Macron, Hummel, Errea etc for a change. Kappa might be an option too.

Out of interest can you explain the bit about the bigger brands being a liability for Saints? Would it not just involve someone like TTL supplying us and the kit coming out of a catalogue?

Bigger brands - quite simply the costs to buy the items.

First Team, Staff, Training wear, U20s, Women's to start ................someone count it up! Easily getting on for 1000 items right there... so the difference of 2-5£ would be felt by Saints on those deals. Similarly on the replica stuff sold in the shop (e.g. Campus).

The misnomer is that Saints get a cut every time one is sold. Saints get a lump sum upfront, so the idea that buying it in one shop or another "helps Saints" is moot. Saints get paid first! 

There are cheap companies out there doing decent kits. These are template, but we have always had a template https://www.ev2sportswear.com/sports/football/

ALSO PLEASE LET THE AWAY KIT BE RED TO MARK TOTTEN & the 1988 revival

27 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

That's my point, you get expensive brands via a licence......

Killie's kits were 1869 "own design" and imported from Sri Lanka to their spec..

What names are you seeing coming into the market?

There are a few new brands down south will get back to you with some of the kit suppliers that have seen recently. A couple of American companies. But don't have the names off the top of my head.

Like yourself I have a bit of knowledge of kit manufacturers and aware of the high mark up on the kits, whilst Saints don't get a cut of the strips that are sold they could increase income by selling the strips out of the club shop, but have taken a decision to support Campus and not compete against them. .

56 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

ALSO PLEASE LET THE AWAY KIT BE RED TO MARK TOTTEN & the 1988 revival

That could be good. Really I'd just like the away kit to be something a bit different and imaginative (like the Eses one or the teal and magenta one), that would spark people's interests. What I'm really sick of is the usual alternating between yellow and white.

15 hours ago, ScottMann said:

In fact just get these players as well. 

Guest ScottMann
3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That could be good. Really I'd just like the away kit to be something a bit different and imaginative (like the Eses one or the teal and magenta one), that would spark people's interests. What I'm really sick of is the usual alternating between yellow and white.

Oh yes. Teal and magenta as a 3rd strip to go with the ones above. B)