Betfred Cup

jhq

12 hours ago, ScottMann said:

We'd probably have been better at Parkhead given Tommy's record v Rodgers, They've absolutely stuffed us each time at McDiarmid whereas we've caused them problems away. Time for it to change I suppose!

I still think we'd have beaten them in February 2017 with proper refereeing. The players lost their heads (understandably IMO) after the double whammy of having a stonewaller denied then Craig Thomson giving them a penalty when the ball hit Watson's hip.

Swanson never missed a penalty for us and 3-1 up would have been huge.

What is of great credit to TW is we went there this time last year and drew but then he used same tactics in Perth and a good manager in Rodgers was anticipating it. So TW came up with something new for Celtic Park in February and again it worked. I'm sure he'll have something up his sleeve for this one.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Having home advantage is all we have, it'd be daft to throw that away by giving them the stadium. Extra £200k be damned, knock Celtic out the cup and you've every chance of winning it. 

If you've any hope of winning a trophy these days, chances are you'll need to beat Celtic at some point. I'd rather face them at McDiarmid than Hampden. 

They're weaker than they've been. 

The suggestion I made would hardly have given them the stadium. 

It is merely a way of increasing income and making best use of available resources.

I would rather have the finances to acquire a good quality central midfielder than a load of empty seats.