Scotland

541ntees

• 2 months later...

A goalkeeper from Perth finally made the Scotland squad!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49481190

Some strange choices in there, players who aren't getting a game and players who haven't cut it at international level.  I think Steve Clark has saved me the bother of suffering through the next two games

Grant Hanley is just awful.

Definitely some strange picks in the goalkeepers and defence.  Hanley has always been a bomb scare, so cant understand why he is in the squad.  Surely there are other players out there that Clark could be looking at.  Midfield continues to look strong, but we are lacking upfront again as well.  Surprised that Fletcher wasnt included as don't really see where the goals are going to come from.

So, we have dodgy keepers, dodgy defenders and no goal threat - I think we can predict how the next two games are going to go.

To think that Gordon Bain Kelly Archer and Macgregor aren’t in the squad - Zander must be gutted not to be in there 

As for Hanley - he has his limitations but he turns up every time and you know he’ll throw himself in front of everything and considering the injuries players like Liam Lyndsey and Jason Kerr are not playing in the English premiership.

was hoping the thumb would be back but I’m guessing he spoke to him and it’s came just a bit too soon for him. Not sure why fletcher isn’t there esp when naisy has hardly played.

our strongest position is mf but I’m worried that if we play mcginn Macgregor and Christie they are all left footed.

5 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Must admit, I was hoping Clark would be a breath of fresh air, but already going down the route of bringing in players with virtually no game time, players from the third tier of English football and guys who have let the team down several times in the past.

Yep, I felt absolutely sure Stevie Clarke would pick players on merit from the less fashionable clubs. I lost interest in Scotland a long time ago, but I was prepared to get interested again with Stevie in charge. Now I'm back to complete indifference.

11 hours ago, sleepless said:

Yep, I felt absolutely sure Stevie Clarke would pick players on merit from the less fashionable clubs. I lost interest in Scotland a long time ago, but I was prepared to get interested again with Stevie in charge. Now I'm back to complete indifference.

Yeah thought it would be a breath o fresh air wae Clarke but still the smell o manure

• 2 weeks later...

Never bought into the Clarke hype. West coast media darling who will get the time others wouldn't.  Tactically naive and still picking some of the old guard.

All is well though cos at least we're npw training on a decent surface though, eh Snodgrass?!

On the plus side at least we won't need to worry about Engerland ending their long trophy drought next year, judging by the strength in depth of the Belgians and French and the re-emergence of the Dutch.

A bit better tonight but didn't keep the back door shut.

I think if we played like that against Russia which is the one we needed to win,we would have won.

We were never going to beat one of the best teams in the world.

The best manager in the world couldn't do much with the players we have & there is no sign of Scotland having a system of bringing players through.

Most of the decent young players in Scotland end up with OF & disappear into oblivion.

• 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

So is mulgrew

And Devlin & Palmer.

Robertson ,McGinn,Fraser & Fleck are star men for their clubs at the moment but do nothing for their country.

McGregor wasn't seen or mentioned til 70th minute.

Shankland did ok when he came on.

We don't even have missing players as excuse.

10 minutes ago, jez1971 said:

Absolute shambles. Clarke not got a clue. West coast media darling,cone good season with Killie and suddenly he's the saviour.  Other managers have been sacked for less, embarrassing.

Yep

and how many did shank land score ?