Scotland

541ntees

19 hours ago, south inch said:

How come we are due to play in the Czech Republic on Monday?  It is on our quarantine list and Czech players have tested positive for Covid.  Somebody better tell Nicola quickly.

I actually don't understand how international and European football are justifiable under the current circumstances. I think both should have taken a year off. Just watched the Scotland v Israel highlights and saw the players shaking hands and the Israel manager putting his arm around Steve Clarke. All it takes is one slip-up and that's the virus moving between Scotland, Israel and any of the other countries that these players are based in. I don't really get how that's OK.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I actually don't understand how international and European football are justifiable under the current circumstances. I think both should have taken a year off. Just watched the Scotland v Israel highlights and saw the players shaking hands and the Israel manager putting his arm around Steve Clarke. All it takes is one slip-up and that's the virus moving between Scotland, Israel and any of the other countries that these players are based in. I don't really get how that's OK.

Money

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yeah,players coming from different clubs & countries is just asking for trouble. This compitition which was set up to make Uefa money should have been scrapped for this year whilst the pendamic is running wild.

Fecked if I know how Nicola let it go ahead.

We are now going to a country where their player has been tested positive. Unbelievable.

Edited by Cagey

23 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Czech republic look like they are withdrawing from game against Scotland & Scotland will be awarded a 3-0 win. Sensible move by Czecks so hopefully Uefa will cancel the whole pointless compitition.

3-0 Scotland win . When was the last time they did that.

Apparently the game is going ahead.

Farce.

19 hours ago, south inch said:

Hope Scotland don't lose to a team which might include a couple of ball boys with the tea lady bolstering the central midfield!

I think whoever the Czech Republic cobble together to put out will be very good players. We know from Saints' trips into eastern Europe that you might come up against a bunch of guys no one here has ever heard of, but underestimate them at your peril. 

Watching the highlights, McLean after passing to the opposition (which ended in a goal conceded) instead of looking for someone to mark , jumps up and down on the spot.

Looked more comfortable at corners and free kicks when Paterson came on.

Dons Donkey at the back is lost without his use of his arms, which could have cost the team.

• 1 month later...

Scotland look as though they have found a defence. Thank feck that ex Aberdeen centre half donkey was injured. Consadine left CB looked good which I was surprised about. McTominey who I thought was gash in the first Israel game is now looking good at right CB in a back 3.

We also now have a striker but that stupid stamp puts him out of the game that matters.