Scotland

541ntees

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Believed there own hype, thought they would just turn up and stroll it.

Possibly ,think they’re out of there depth when it really matters.

thank fuq no saints players were involved to take the rap for this shite.

We only have 2 world class players in Robertson and Tierney. It is to be hoped that latter is fit for the England game. Hendry is decent on his game but Hanley and O’Donnell are a a total waste of space. When seeing the selection Clarke picked failure, not even Glorious Failure, was writ large. 

10 hours ago, saintee in exile said:

I think its more unforgivable for an experienced keeper to be so far off his line rather than a young inexperienced centre back trying to score but the most unforgivable thing was that it wasn't Jason Kerr LAUGH OUT LOUD

I suppose you’re right, I’m being harsh on the boy…just frustrated at a player at that level not picking the simple obvious pass, when we had clawed our way back into the game and were exerting real pressure for an equaliser. Instead he turned the play and exposed the defence.

I don't think I'd fancy Scotland's chances against any of the other teams in the tournament. So much sloppy passing, slow movement, poor decision-making. Everything about Scotland's play just felt painfully slow and a massive shift down in gear from the football the other teams have been playing. I think seeing Scotland at a tournament like this has really brought into focus how far behind the top European players the Scottish players actually are.

I know I'm looking at this through Saints-tinted spectacles but I 100% feel Scotland would have been improved yesterday by having Rooney instead of O'Donnell and Kerr (or Gordon or McCart, come to think of it) instead of Hendry.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I don't think I'd fancy Scotland's chances against any of the other teams in the tournament. So much sloppy passing, slow movement, poor decision-making. Everything about Scotland's play just felt painfully slow and a massive shift down in gear from the football the other teams have been playing. I think seeing Scotland at a tournament like this has really brought into focus how far behind the top European players the Scottish players actually are.

I know I'm looking at this through Saints-tinted spectacles but I 100% feel Scotland would have been improved yesterday by having Rooney instead of O'Donnell and Kerr (or Gordon or McCart, come to think of it) instead of Hendry.

Agree 100 % butknow one listen yo us, think Clarke will go after Euros, will they go for Calumn though.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I Agree 100%. We were passing about haplessly across the back line and the midfield were getting nowhere. They worked us out quickly and made the most of it. In fact, i'd say Scotland played worse than Hibs in the cup final!

To be honest, when Clarke picked the squad and omitted Rooney and Kerr in favour of the likes of O'Donnell and Hendry I lost a lot of interest in Scotland. I get that loyalty and experience can bring a lot. But as a country, we need to be picking the players playing the best football. If winning a cup double is seen as "lesser" than being at 8th place Motherwell and being a Celtic reject playing at an average Belgian team, then we are fecked!

Edited by Sheldo

I wonder whether Clark might get his chance to play for Scotland after this tournament.

I imagine Marshall & Gordon will retire from International football, given their ages. That will leave Jon McLaughlin as first choice. There aren't many to choose from for the two other goalkeeper spots in a squad - Scott Bain? Ross Laidlaw? Robbie McCrorie? Liam Kelly?

Apparently Clarke called up the Portsmouth goalkeeper a while ago. It's hardly top quality competition.

However, knowing the way it works, they'd probably prefer to call up Rangers' 4th choice than Saints' 1st.

1 hour ago, saintee in exile said:

Can you imagine Robertson pinging balls over for Rooney!

Unfortunately, we can only imagine it at the moment. Like, I can only imagine that Kerr would not be trying to take hapless pot-shots whilst leaving the back line open for them to get a break. And that Clark at least learned from the Shankland incident that you shouldn't be too far off your line. But, ya know, the other boys that got the nod had "experience" apparently!

1 hour ago, Sheldo said:being a Celtic reject playing at an average Belgian team, then we are fecked!

Mmm, I have to say that is a bit harsh on Hendry and Oostend. He has been a stand out for them this season, and then he got an injury which didn’t help them in the Play offs for a place in European competition. Belgium are a great team and I would not call Oostend average.

3 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Mmm, I have to say that is a bit harsh on Hendry and Oostend. He has been a stand out for them this season, and then he got an injury which didn’t help them in the Play offs for a place in European competition. Belgium are a great team and I would not call Oostend average.

Belgium being a good team has little to do with it as Only 2 of the Belgian team actually play in Belgium. Oostends achievements are not at in any way better than Saints this season and I stand by what I say. Hendry is not good enough to play for Scotland and he was not the best option from what is available.

46 minutes ago, Sheldo said:

Belgium being a good team has little to do with it as Only 2 of the Belgian team actually play in Belgium. Oostends achievements are not at in any way better than Saints this season and I stand by what I say. Hendry is not good enough to play for Scotland and he was not the best option from what is available.

Ok

9 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

But hes still shite .