Scotland

541ntees

20 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Very decent performance tonight. 

Ageed.  Now that finishing second in the group is firmly in our own hands does anyone know how the 6 teams who are to be seeded in the draw for the 3 play off groups are to be determined?  We could do with being one of the 6 since there will be some pretty tasty outfits amongst the 12 contestants.

2 hours ago, south inch said:

Ageed.  Now that finishing second in the group is firmly in our own hands does anyone know how the 6 teams who are to be seeded in the draw for the 3 play off groups are to be determined?  We could do with being one of the 6 since there will be some pretty tasty outfits amongst the 12 contestants.

It’s just the 6 best runners-up (results against the bottom team in our group don’t count). Not only are they seeded, but they will play their “semi” at home. We really need to finish top 6 out of the ten. At the moment, we lie 4th, but a few of the groups have played fewer games than ours. If we win our next 3 games, which is very doable, we should easily make it.

23 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

It’s just the 6 best runners-up (results against the bottom team in our group don’t count). Not only are they seeded, but they will play their “semi” at home. We really need to finish top 6 out of the ten. At the moment, we lie 4th, but a few of the groups have played fewer games than ours. If we win our next 3 games, which is very doable, we should easily make it.

Glad I've found an expert.  We should indeed finish 2nd in the Group with 20 points which will then drop to 14.  i agree that should see us seeded but does it matter if we are first seed or sixth?  If the higher you are the better then we would have something more than pride to play for against Denmark.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Glad I've found an expert.  We should indeed finish 2nd in the Group with 20 points which will then drop to 14.  i agree that should see us seeded but does it matter if we are first seed or sixth?  If the higher you are the better then we would have something more than pride to play for against Denmark.

No, it’s a straight 6 v 6 draw. Doesn’t matter if we finish first or sixth. 

Wiki have a page just for this (they have a page for EVERYTHING). We’re still 4th.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched Stoke v WBA . Harry Souter is a big unit as they say & strolled the game,comfortable on the ball and good distribution and bags of pace. This is the second game I have seen him this season and very impressed.

Scotland need a decent centre back and I think he would be better than what we have. Especially the ex Aberdeen haddy.

Also much better than Jason.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Just watched Stoke v WBA . Harry Souter is a big unit as they say & strolled the game,comfortable on the ball and good distribution and bags of pace. This is the second game I have seen him this season and very impressed.

Scotland need a decent centre back and I think he would be better than what we have. Especially the ex Aberdeen haddy.

He has played six times for Australia, and scored six times too!

We missed the boat on that one.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:51 PM, Cagey said:

Better than his brother John, who is being talked up by his Manager.

Admittedly haven't seen John in action THIS season, but always thought he was overrated when MOH ran rings round him.