Scotland

541ntees

16 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Scotland clearly taking inspiration from Saints, and even bringing on an ex-Saintee!

So we will now be seeded, and at home, in the Play-Off semis in March. Draw a week Friday. The host for the one-off final, incidentally, will be determined by a draw. 

Slight worry that both Portugal and Italy are in the Play-Offs, but if we play like that.......

Crowd were braw, according to my laddie, who was there. Great to have a national team to be proud of once again. And brilliant that we have a player in the squad. Hopefully, there will be some warm-up matches, and he might get a game.

Brilliant performance brilliant result,  Did not expect to see Portugal and Italy in the play offs though.  At least we can be sure the SFA will refuse a request from FIFA for a loan of their heated balls.

Russia and Ukraine, apparently, can’t be drawn together because they’ve fallen out. There’s a lot more of this than you think (there’s half a dozen countries Kosovo “can’t” play against). This isn’t right - thats who your playing, and if you don’t like it feck off home.

Maybe St Nicola should declare war on Italy and Portugal........

So long as we maintain our current performance level not too worried about the semi final at Hampden though I would not refuse North Macedonia since I understand this Alexander bloke is no longer available.

Would not want Portugal or Italy in our final even if win win the draw for home advantage.  If we lose home advantage I think I would hope for Wales, we would have a big support and hopefully less chance of the ref being influenced one way or the other.

Anyone know when the draw takes place?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

No, we got home in the semi by means of our qualifying position (one of best runners-up) and there was then a seperate draw for home in the final, which went against us.

Ah cheers...

I had turned off by then!

Thought I had read that 1st drawn tie gets home adv in final game.

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Uefa holding an emergency meeting today regarding Ukraine  situation.

Scotland men due to play Ukraine on March 24th at Hampden

Ukrainian football was due to resume today after winter break but has now been suspended.

Scotland women due to play in Ukraine on 8th April.

Knowing Uefa the games will go ahead

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Marshall back in squad for Scotland v Poland and that means no room for Zander.

So a 37 year old who is clearly drifting towards the end of his career is preferred to a guy who is in his prime for a friendly.  A game which will be a very friendly friendly in view of the circumstances.  What kind of planning is that?

5 minutes ago, south inch said:

So a 37 year old who is clearly drifting towards the end of his career is preferred to a guy who is in his prime for a friendly.  A game which will be a very friendly friendly in view of the circumstances.  What kind of planning is that?

The Motherwell keeper would have been in front of Zander anyway.

• 2 months later...