Scotland

541ntees

Another tactical masterclass from Stevie. A poor man's Callum.  At least wee Max will be chuffed.

Never mind we can look to the Euros campaign so we can give more game time to the younger players like Marshalll.

We should be getting rid of Clarke now; to get your tactics so wrong in a game of that magnitude reeks of tactical naievety as well as  arrogance. He clearly bought into his own hype that Ukraine would be rusty, when actually we looked the jaded side throughout.

10 hours ago, jez1971 said:

Another tactical masterclass from Stevie. A poor man's Callum.  At least wee Max will be chuffed.

Never mind we can look to the Euros campaign so we can give more game time to the younger players like Marshalll.

We should be getting rid of Clarke now; to get your tactics so wrong in a game of that magnitude reeks of tactical naievety as well as  arrogance. He clearly bought into his own hype that Ukraine would be rusty, when actually we looked the jaded side throughout.

At least he eventually changed to a back 4 and almost saved the game. Something Davidson hardly ever did and then just for last 10 mins in a couple of games.

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

At least he eventually changed to a back 4 and almost saved the game. Something Davidson hardly ever did and then just for last 10 mins in a couple of games.

Agreed but the main point is that he started with the formation then it was too late.  Much as I don't like McKenna he deserved to start that game.  This playing people out of position mentality, particularly in such an important game created unnecessary additional pressure on the players in what was a no-win situation, given the opposition and heightened emotions involved.

2 hours ago, jez1971 said:

Agreed but the main point is that he started with the formation then it was too late.  Much as I don't like McKenna he deserved to start that game.  This playing people out of position mentality, particularly in such an important game created unnecessary additional pressure on the players in what was a no-win situation, given the opposition and heightened emotions involved.

He changed too late, but in his defence he had no clue what ukraine would turn out

15 hours ago, MySpazz said:

He changed too late, but in his defence he had no clue what ukraine would turn out

Good point and I think he underestimated them tbh. Just so frustrating when you think about how well we played against Denmark. At least the bulk of the squad are young enough to go again.

Scotland team full of EPL players. Ireland were mainly championship or below and they outplayed Scotland who couldn't cope with the pressing.

Change at half time Gilmore for Henry with McTominy going back into back 3. Wow that worked a treat.

Terrible performance, but I'm more worried about who might be appointed if Clarke goes. Last time they picked a manager who had done well at a smaller SPFL club. Malky Mackey would fit that mould. What are the other options considering hardly anyone wants the job. Jack Ross? Shaun Maloney?

9 hours ago, jez1971 said:

How anyone thinks McTominay and Hanley are international footballers is beyond me.  Yet another tactical masterclass from Clarke. 

McTominary has played 120 games for one of the top clubs in the world. How could he not be an international footballer for a country like Scotland? Why would you not pick players for your national team that are at elite clubs?

44 minutes ago, Linky said:

McTominary has played 120 games for one of the top clubs in the world. How could he not be an international footballer for a country like Scotland? Why would you not pick players for your national team that are at elite clubs?

I'm not disputing that he's at a so called top club. The point I'm making is that in my view he's pish.