Scotland

541ntees

4 hours ago, jez1971 said:

I'm not disputing that he's at a so called top club. The point I'm making is that in my view he's pish. 

I’m not sure why he’d play for such a club if that were the case. Imagine the reaction the manager would get if he left out players who are at the highest level. Do you remember the reaction when O’Donnell played instead?

• 3 months later...

Great display by Scotland. 3 games in 6 days and a depleated squad.  Gordon & some great defending saved them. Porteous had a good game ,looks like when he doesn't try to get players sent off he is a decent player.

Kenny McLean was AWOL and why he never got subbed I will never know.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Great display by Scotland. 3 games in 6 days and a depleated squad.  Gordon & some great defending saved them. Porteous had a good game ,looks like when he doesn't try to get players sent off he is a decent player.

Kenny McLean was AWOL and why he never got subbed I will never know.

Canny believe I am agreeing with you 100%.

Saw another side of Porteous, from his theatrical side.

As you say McLean was guff.

Hickey up against a tricky opponent was my star man.

Steve Clarke's a fantastic manager. If the stats here are correct he now has the best points-per-game record of any permanent Scotland manager since Tommy Docherty in 1972, and Clarke's achieving that in an era where Scotland are far lower down the international pecking order than they used to be.

Wonder how long it'll be before English clubs start taking an interest in him again.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Steve Clarke's a fantastic manager. If the stats here are correct he now has the best points-per-game record of any permanent Scotland manager since Tommy Docherty in 1972, and Clarke's achieving that in an era where Scotland are far lower down the international pecking order than they used to be.

Wonder how long it'll be before English clubs start taking an interest in him again.

He started his press conference last night by talking about contracts....so they can't be far away!

He is a future Chelea manager IMO

On 9/28/2022 at 12:30 PM, MySpazz said:

He started his press conference last night by talking about contracts....so they can't be far away!

He is a future Chelea manager IMO

Yes - not many managers can claim to have won 3 Holy Grails - Play Off spot, promotion (passing England going the other way) and inclusion in pot 2 for the Euro draw|