Sign in to follow this  
jhq

Sevco 2012 v St Johnstone 23/09/18

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, rik2304 said:

What did you make of Clark today?

Thought he should have done better with the third despite what @Broon says. Hard as is for a big keeper, he can't be letting these shots that are close to him squirm past, there was the Killie opener as well. The second is maybe savable. Not sure my opinion on him changed much after yesterday though. He has attributes that should give him an advantage over some of the best goalkeepers we've seen at Saints but he has a bit to go to be considered on their level IMO.

I don't think we gain much from making a change in nets at the moment though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not see the replays. So basing this on yesterday. 

 

First goal I thought the wall must have been lined up wrong. Thought it went round rather than over the wall which looked strange. But to lose 2 goals in 2 weeks from the same area is poor. 

Didn't think we were out of it until the third. Gave goals away too easily and didn't press them high up enough. Actually expected Tommy to play 3 central defenders and to leave McMillan up front with Tony but that is why he gets paid to make these decisions. 

Credit to rangers who actually look like a team this year.

Brush ourselves down and get at Celtic now who will sadly be coming with a massive point yo prove.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Thought he should have done better with the third despite what @Broon says. Hard as is for a big keeper, he can't be letting these shots that are close to him squirm past, there was the Killie opener as well. The second is maybe savable. Not sure my opinion on him changed much after yesterday though. He has attributes that should give him an advantage over some of the best goalkeepers we've seen at Saints but he has a bit to go to be considered on their level IMO.

I don't think we gain much from making a change in nets at the moment though.

A fair assessment all round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I hope Sellick wake up soon, otherwise the Orcs could walk the league once Hearts inevitably begin to feck it up. And I say that as not a friend of Sellik.

I'd prefer it if they didn't wake up too soon, given that we have to play them twice in the next few weeks.

The Scougall situation is really odd - clearly something has happened behind the scenes that isn't being made public, which is fair enough, but if that's the case then why not move him on (at least on loan) before the transfer window ended? The fact that we also have Swanson as an option for that role, and haven't started him yet (is he not fit?), makes it even stranger that Wotherspoon was chosen.

How has Nydam looked when he's come on? In contention for a start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Can't remember Nydam doing anything either way when he came on tbh, wouldn't be dropping either Craig or Alston for him just yet. 

Craig was one of the biggest culprits yesterday given cheap possession away and hopefully muzz back soon to play with the new revitalized Alston who was probably the best player for us yesterday. For all the signings we have made  which have been great,  still a worry we are relying on Liam Craig as the first choice in midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd prefer it if they didn't wake up too soon, given that we have to play them twice in the next few weeks.

The Scougall situation is really odd - clearly something has happened behind the scenes that isn't being made public, which is fair enough, but if that's the case then why not move him on (at least on loan) before the transfer window ended? The fact that we also have Swanson as an option for that role, and haven't started him yet (is he not fit?), makes it even stranger that Wotherspoon was chosen.

How has Nydam looked when he's come on? In contention for a start?

Wotherpoon started against Killie & Rangers.

Tommy made some good signings this season(we thought)but the one thing missing is a decent holding midfielder.

Hate to be boring but wish we had kept Midge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For 1st looked to me like the ball went between Wright and Alston with Blair moving his head towards ball as it went past probably not enough height in the wall. The third was poor from Zander and seemed to go through him. Move on to Wednesday with hopefully a better performance and an attacking line up I.e 2 up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Markinch Saint said:

For 1st looked to me like the ball went between Wright and Alston with Blair moving his head towards ball as it went past probably not enough height in the wall. The third was poor from Zander and seemed to go through him. Move on to Wednesday with hopefully a better performance and an attacking line up I.e 2 up front.

Watching it on BBC the ball goes round the right hand side of the wall. Maybe we are being too hard on sander as looking at it there was a fair bot of swerve on the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Watching it on BBC the ball goes round the right hand side of the wall. Maybe we are being too hard on sander as looking at it there was a fair bot of swerve on the ball. 

You'll find everyone becomes an expert in goalkeeping when hunting for a scapegoat. Clark has flaws but I'm not convinced at all any of the goals were down to poor keeping, I'd be pointing the blame at the defenders myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Craig was one of the biggest culprits yesterday given cheap possession away and hopefully muzz back soon to play with the new revitalized Alston who was probably the best player for us yesterday. For all the signings we have made  which have been great,  still a worry we are relying on Liam Craig as the first choice in midfield.

I wonder if the fall out with Tommy effected Craigs game. If you are looking over your shoulder wondering if you are playing a chess game instead of being your natural self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Did the BBC not interview Tommy after the match because it was at Ibrox?

Managed to find a post match interview with Saints TV - 

 

We don't have Saints TV anymore, solely Facebook videos.  Need to get back in the game with YouTube channel and far better use of Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

We don't have Saints TV anymore, solely Facebook videos.  Need to get back in the game with YouTube channel and far better use of Twitter.

Hopefully that's not the long-term situation (given that there's someone new in the job) and there's some sort of re-launch of the YouTube channel in the pipeline. For a Premier League level football club to give up on YouTube in favour of Facebook content in this day and age would be madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

It can't be true as nobody can move on loan until January now. 

I am sure you can still loan to lower leagues til end of October but not to premiership.

Scougall might be prepared to go to one of top 3 or 4 in championship but can't see him going to any team lower.

You never know he might go anywhere to get away from Tommy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can never quite buy into the Tommy falling out with someone rumours.

In this recent interview (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tommy-wright-dogs-dieting-st-13293831.amp?)he discusses management and always having an open door. There was also the Liam Craig situation where he suggested any difference of opinion are fairly well felt with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I can never quite buy into the Tommy falling out with someone rumours.

In this recent interview (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tommy-wright-dogs-dieting-st-13293831.amp?)he discusses management and always having an open door. There was also the Liam Craig situation where he suggested any difference of opinion are fairly well felt with.

Doesn't suit Carey's agenda though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this