Saints v Celtic sunday

slf

Guest ScottMann
5 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Some might say he shouldn't have the opportunity to see what we're seeing beyond today...

You want Tommy sacked I take it.

Why go toe to toe with Celtic? Also Rangers for that matter? Spoony playing anywhere else than right midfield never works, never has. Callaghan is not even championship quality. He is doing nothing, far to high up the pitch and isn't prepared to defend. Just stands and watches.

Another Tommy orchestrated disaster. Hence why he is still there I suppose.

Guest ScottMann
16 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

It was kind of obvious to me and others that Wright was past his sell by date at our club last season. My opinion hasn't changed.

It was kind of obvious he had a heck of a job on his hands replacing the aging team that had been the clubs most successful in its history. His record means he deserves the chance to do it. Anyone expecting us to remain in the top 6, especially during a period of change, has totally unreal expectations. 

1 minute ago, ScottMann said:

It was kind of obvious he had a heck of a job on his hands replacing the aging team that had been the clubs most successful in its history. His record means he deserves the chance to do it. Anyone expecting us to remain in the top 6, especially during a period of change, has totally unreal expectations. 

Top 6 doesn't come in to it.  I expect nothing other than that the manager of St Johnstone sends out a team that will compete with every single club in this league on the pitch.  That didn't happen for long periods of last season, and it's not happening again.  We can paper over cracks with "exiting signings" and the like, but for me, the basics aren't right and we still have an unbalanced squad.  That's why my opinion hasn't changed.  Anyhow, this isn't the tread for this discussion...