Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

9 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

Is it just me ...we’ve hardly kicked a ball in real terms and the hysteria is overwhelming!? 

Thats maybe the issue, 4 competitive games against some teams much lower in standing and we've barely landed a punch.  I'm worried for the season ahead, I have set my expectations to finish 9th.

1 hour ago, Dave H said:

Thats maybe the issue, 4 competitive games against some teams much lower in standing and we've barely landed a punch.  I'm worried for the season ahead, I have set my expectations to finish 9th.

Barely landed a punch? We hammered Brechin, and were dominating County before that horrendous penalty decision.

Game 1 we has 12 fit players, game 4 we had nothing to play for. 

There's no question that lower league football is a totally different game, especially on plastic pitches.  The Forfar highlights showed players getting zero space  to play football, players throwing themselves into blocks and tackles.  It's a game of small margins, and the Celtic game will be the polar opposite of Forfar or Montrose.

It doesn't change the fact that we need  a striker and some confidence, but I don't think it's all doom and gloom yet.

Think folk just need to calm down. It has been a horrific start to the season, but I don't think we are quite as bad as is made out. I genuinely think we are 2-3 players away from having a side that can compete for the top 6.

If we loose the first half dozen games and don't sign anyone before the end of the transfer window, then that is the time to panic.

Hearts, St Mirren and Killie fans are probably freaking out as much as us. Not to mention Hamilton always being down there and a high potential for Livi's bubble to burst.

If we had signed May, then everyone will be happy. If we sign him and/or another striker still, then we will be there or thereabouts. 

2 hours ago, Wendy Saints said:

Is it just me ...we’ve hardly kicked a ball in real terms and the hysteria is overwhelming!? 

I think it's a perfect storm;

- The results have been poor, we've had a lot of injuries including Kennedy

- Our CB's for the most part looked solid last year but Kerr looks ropey and we've struggled to back-fill Gordon

- The will he / won't he drama with May has wound folk up and really emphasised our up-front issues, in fact our lack of signing generally is creating stress with fans

The only time we can really assess all this is at the end of the 1st fixtures round and after the transfer window closes. 

5-5-0 formation away from home. 

Destroyed 7-0 is wholly unacceptable. 

Writings surely on the wall perhaps. 

Season started 4 games ago, embarrassing defeats to Forfar and Montrose couple with today’s disgrace. 

Time to wait on the joke of an after match interview. Who’s at fault, what happened?

As soon as that formation was put up we were already beaten. 

Really really poor result, but ridiculous to call for Tommy’s head.  Some belters saying we should be splashing the cash, that somehow the Board have millions ferreted away.  Get a ****ing life.  We are living through the most successful period in our history yet we struggle to get 2500 fans through the door.  It’s a miracle we aren’t mid table championship or worse.  Time for a major reality check for some fans.

28 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Season started 4 games ago, embarrassing defeats to Forfar and Montrose couple with today’s disgrace. 

Time to wait on the joke of an after match interview. Who’s at fault, what happened?

You can't just make up what our formation was today and then expect people to take you seriously. It totally undermines the rest of your post.

30 minutes ago, St Mikey said:

Go on then pick a team you would pick from our squad and what set up wiuld you play .???

There is no need for an over reaction either way, but and it's a big but the next seven days are a HUGE period in Tommy and Steve's management of the club.

I think the squad looks thin and imbalanced. Last year's overindulgence on the likes of Swanson and Goss could be getting used this season on players we really needed. We wasted time waiting on players like Joe when it was clear he was mucking us about.

The next generation clearly aren't up to the task and we've let reliable squad players go. We are trusting in older players to be main parts of our team this season which has the potential to back fire.

It all points to mismanagement for me. Tommy is my favourite ever gaffer and he's the man I want in charge of my club, but he is not immune to criticism- it's been a stinker of a pre-season, a stinker of a transfer window so far and his players are not performing. He's done fantastic in replacing our best ever side from 2014- this is his first major sticking point. I trust he will put it right, but I want to see the right sort of signings made this week ready for Livingston.

I look at Motherwell's recent signings and think they've become the St Johnstone of old.

I can accept us not getting top six, but with the players Tommy has been allowed to bring in last year I really think a relegation dog fight is a major failure from the club as a whole.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wallace said:

Really really poor result, but ridiculous to call for Tommy’s head.  Some belters saying we should be splashing the cash, that somehow the Board have millions ferreted away.  Get a ****ing life.  We are living through the most successful period in our history yet we struggle to get 2500 fans through the door.  It’s a miracle we aren’t mid table championship or worse.  Time for a major reality check for some fans.

Max agreement chief.proper fan.

Guest ScottMann
51 minutes ago, sevcozombie2 said:

When do u start looking forward instead of bk 

Just what's needed after that...a bitter *** gloating in text speak. No matter how bad we get we'll never let our club die as you and your fellow bigots did though.

1 hour ago, St Mikey said:

You need to get yourself a taxi away from the keyboard.