Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

1 minute ago, Templar Saint said:

So unless you have seen actual spreadsheets or documents do not think you can comment on were our budget stands in comparison to other teams.

Our chairman said we have the 8th highest wage bill in the league before bonuses.

Theres nothing to debate there.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Our chairman said we have the 8th highest wage bill in the league before bonuses.

He also said that we had the 14th highest average home crowd in Scotland which you omit to mention.

As  a budget has income and expenditure you cannot isolate one item and base your assumptions on that

Just now, Templar Saint said:

He also said that we had the 14th highest average home crowd in Scotland which you omit to mention.

As  a budget has income and expenditure you cannot isolate one item and base your assumptions on that

I'm not omitting anything.

I'm saying we have the 8th highest wage bill in the league so its absolute pish to use a lack of money as an excuse for anything just now.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm not omitting anything.

I'm saying we have the 8th highest wage bill in the league so its absolute pish to use a lack of money as an excuse for anything just now.

It is also well documented that we have a very good bonus structure so probably above 8th when that is taken into consideration.

Not sure what point Templar is trying to make.

16 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We're all disappointed after a poor loss.

But does this shit stick of a thread need bumped every time?

Precisely. This thread is about the manager, who will be judged by selection, formation, tactics etc on match day.

He started the same eleven today as last week, rightly so  I'm sure we all agree.  The substitutions today were all good. We got to see May and Wright back in the fold and he changed it to the 4 4 2 we were screaming out for. It didn't work today but has done before and it will do again.

Get all the politics and spread sheet stuff on one of the Steve Brown threads and let Tommy get on with the football. 

I'm sure he's capable of booking his own taxi when the time is right.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Yes. Pretty sure the figure was £48k per first team player. Outside six clubs (OF, Edinburgh teams, Aberdeen and Dundee) most of the rest were around the same, only a couple of grand in it either way, with the exception of Livi, who were a bit further back in 12th on £34k.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes. Pretty sure the figure was £48k per first team player. Outside six clubs (OF, Edinburgh teams, Aberdeen and Dundee) most of the rest were around the same, only a couple of grand in it either way, with the exception of Livi, who were a bit further back in 12th on £34k.

Still not a huge sum by any means, when you consider that we don’t have many “squad players” now. 

Would love to know what May is on, bet it’s not as much as some think. 

One of the problems from Thursday night was that we got a quick glance at these slides and took various things from them.

I would have liked the opportunity to look over them again or for Saints to publish them, although I understand why they might not want to.

I thought we had the 8th highest average wage though rather than 8th highest overall budget which would be different, I may well be wrong though.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Dutch Saint said:

Exactly. You dont know who will apply once the taxi has departed. Sometimes you pick a gem, sometimes a dud. Wait a bit longer though, imo.

I am sure Broon said he had  a replacement in mind if Tommy left.Tommy has to find a way to get 90 mins out of team. Not just good first half or good second half.

51 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Did Tommy keep giving the ball away, Did Tommy stand about arguing on the pitch when they broke away and scored, Did Tommy feck up a free kick. 

Wish all the moaners would feck off and support another club.

No he just picked the team that did all of the above.

37 minutes ago, George Grieve said:

Paul Hartley?

I don’t have answers. All I can see is my team bottom of the league and a manager that never has a plan B........

Wait a minute. You’re calling for Wright’s head and when asked for a suggestion, you plump for Paul Hartley? Ok from now on, I’ll be disregarding anything you say as total nonsense and lunacy. Thanks for highlighting this.