Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

Why can he not do both jobs?  I have never understood why an international manager needs to be full time. With a decent back up team at Saints perhaps with the addition of an attack minded coach there would be no reason for him not to be able to do it.

A lot of travelling and watching matches is required - I guess it's possible to do the two jobs at once but it would probably be pretty difficult, stressful and demand giving up basically what little free time he currently has. And as soon as Saints go on another bad run you can bet that the usual boo boys would use it as a stick to beat him with ("we're losing because he's not committed, he's spending too much time on the other job", etc etc). Maybe he'd fancy giving it a go but I can see why it wouldn't be very appealing - I don't think it would be sustainable in the long term.

Still, I can't imagine NI will be in a rush to appoint a new manager at the moment. What would be the point of bringing in a new manager to earn a big salary when there's likely to be no work for him to do for potentially many months to come.

24 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Courier seamingly has Tommy as front runner.

Not if you read the article.

Article states Ian Baraclough is "leading the pack" and the job is his to lose. They then add that if interviews take place then TW will surely become the favourite.

2 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

Why can he not do both jobs?  I have never understood why an international manager needs to be full time. With a decent back up team at Saints perhaps with the addition of an attack minded coach there would be no reason for him not to be able to do it.

That would get my vote :razz: